Make a donation

Author Topic: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..NQS Rear mods now.....  (Read 424858 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: NQS BBK A Not Quite So Big Brake Kit..With Install Pics
« Reply #675 on: August 12, 2012, 07:48:17 am »

What colour are your BBS? I have the 20 bolts I used to fit my wheels over Porsche brakes with 3mm spacer. With black plastic (oem VAG) nut covers, spare

keendean

« Reply #676 on: August 13, 2012, 12:02:33 pm »
Hi Mike,

Saw your car at Alex's the other day, very clean :)

I have silver RZ's, so they won't look all that in black, but thanks for the offer.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #677 on: August 13, 2012, 01:01:29 pm »
Hi Mike,

Saw your car at Alex's the other day, very clean :)

I have silver RZ's, so they won't look all that in black, but thanks for the offer.

Thanks mate, she's due a propper detail  :sad1:

keendean

« Reply #678 on: August 17, 2012, 08:00:57 am »
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Golf_2.0_2006/p/car-parts/brakes/brake-friction/brake-disc/?104441508&1&f5a875d9d7038d163b9ccfe3558710eca5c1d022&000027

These are OE Golf fit, or from VW they are £63 each.

Or can you buy the OE Brembo discs from ECP, if so what are the part numbers and price?

If I buy any disc, you need to remove 2mm from the outter edge.  I'm going to be using OE pads, so want to match evenly and of course cost effectively, I can't see me tracking it  :smiley:
Any pointers appreciated, thanks  :drinking:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:37:12 pm by keendean »

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: August 22, 2012, 08:41:36 pm »
when bleeding the calipers, is it best to open one bleed nipple per caliper, or open the two nipples?

Offline RENNTAG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 23
  • Premium Performance Parts
    • Email
« Reply #680 on: August 23, 2012, 09:37:11 am »
One nipple at a time. and i think you do the one nearest the car first. if not someone will correct me  :smiley:

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #681 on: August 23, 2012, 09:25:59 pm »
thanks for that, will be fitting the calipers, with new discs and pads next week sometime.

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: August 30, 2012, 09:18:29 pm »
fitted my big brake kit today, all went ok till i bolted the wheels on, BBS ch.s catching on calipers, think i will need 10mm spacers.

Offline the bruce

• Thank You
  • -Given: 322
  • -Receive: 100
    • my GTI
« Reply #683 on: August 30, 2012, 10:59:22 pm »
BBS CH 8x18 ET50 ??
Yeah, you need spacers then.
"You get what you pay for."

Offline biffobear

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #684 on: August 31, 2012, 10:14:55 am »
sorry, forgot to say, 18in,thought they would have been ok without spacers.

keendean

« Reply #685 on: August 31, 2012, 04:17:23 pm »
I'm fitting in two weeks, with RZ's, I've been told this **should** be OK. Are RZ's and CH's the offset? Did not want spacers if I could help it  :sad1:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: September 05, 2012, 03:37:10 pm »
Just come to my attention that there are other brackets being manufactured and sold which are a so called direct copy of the brackets I supply.

I would simply urge anybody looking to buy a fitting kit to do their homework.

There is a reason I can't have my stuff made for the price of these other brackets and that's quality.

Mine are 7075 Ali with M12x1.25 helicoil inserts, they're manufactured from the material Boeing make wing spars from and then hard anodised.

They are strong, tested to destruction and have suffered Fatigue analysis , they are manufactured in the same facility that Red Bull Racing have many of their components made.

There's a certain Leicester based company that have been playing catch up with me for a number of years, they simply wait for me to develop a bracket and then copy it.  That's are far as I'll be drawn, but consider quality consider backup and also ask the question before you buy about product liability insurance copies of mine are available on request.

These are brakes folks, let's not mess about.

I've had a call today from a guy who's bought some and put simply they don't fit and are not even helicoiled. Car is on the ramp at APS labour isn't cheap

It's important to remember that it's not just the first owner of these brackets that will be fitting them, they will inevitably end up in the classifieds many times  .......mine will last ages.

I'm really busy developing kits for global markets now for £100k Audis but I still log into here first when I get home, I enjoy putting these sort of NQSBBK kits together and would hate to find myself not able to through a lack of support.

I can't patent a shape nor is it my exclusive right to sell this sort of stuff to the GTI driving public, I would however ask you all to consider safety, quality and longevity before parting with your hard earned. I've got about 13 kits left and am reducing the price of the kit including hoses and super fine special order bolts now to £199 inc VAT plus shipping. I probably won't make any more after that.

If the bracket doesn't have www.vagbremtechnic.com and CC1037 engraved via CNC onto it then buyer beware.

Hopefully we'll get some pictures up in a bit to show people what to avoid and what their hundred odd quid gets them.

Sorry to rant, had it happen many times previously and always a sad day

Dave

Offline Dan648v

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 28
  • -Receive: 26
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,39823.0.html
« Reply #687 on: September 05, 2012, 03:47:31 pm »
More than happy with my kit I got off you Dave!!

The quality and fitment is spot on! Most trouble free mod I've fitted to my edition 30

:happy2:  more than happy to recommend you
Revo Stage 2+ Edition 30 No.1089 with added carbon

Offline berg

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 38
« Reply #688 on: September 05, 2012, 03:47:51 pm »
Just come to my attention that there are other brackets being manufactured and sold which are a so called direct copy of the brackets I supply.

I would simply urge anybody looking to buy a fitting kit to do their homework.

There is a reason I can't have my stuff made for the price of these other brackets and that's quality.

Mine are 7075 Ali with M12x1.25 helicoil inserts, they're manufactured from the material Boeing make wing spars from and then hard anodised.

They are strong, tested to destruction and have suffered Fatigue analysis , they are manufactured in the same facility that Red Bull Racing have many of their components made.

There's a certain Leicester based company that have been playing catch up with me for a number of years, they simply wait for me to develop a bracket and then copy it.  That's are far as I'll be drawn, but consider quality consider backup and also ask the question before you buy about product liability insurance copies of mine are available on request.

These are brakes folks, let's not mess about.

I've had a call today from a guy who's bought some and put simply they don't fit and are not even helicoiled. Car is on the ramp at APS labour isn't cheap

It's important to remember that it's not just the first owner of these brackets that will be fitting them, they will inevitably end up in the classifieds many times  .......mine will last ages.

I'm really busy developing kits for global markets now for £100k Audis but I still log into here first when I get home, I enjoy putting these sort of NQSBBK kits together and would hate to find myself not able to through a lack of support.

I can't patent a shape nor is it my exclusive right to sell this sort of stuff to the GTI driving public, I would however ask you all to consider safety, quality and longevity before parting with your hard earned. I've got about 13 kits left and am reducing the price of the kit including hoses and super fine special order bolts now to £199 inc VAT plus shipping. I probably won't make any more after that.

If the bracket doesn't have www.vagbremtechnic.com and CC1037 engraved via CNC onto it then buyer beware.

Hopefully we'll get some pictures up in a bit to show people what to avoid and what their hundred odd quid gets them.

Sorry to rant, had it happen many times previously and always a sad day

Dave

accept no substitute, buy off dave or dont buy at all  :happy2:
Diamond Black Pearl Edition 30, still going strong but now back to Stg 1

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #689 on: September 05, 2012, 04:00:19 pm »
I've got about 13 kits left and am reducing the price of the kit including hoses and super fine special order bolts now to £199 inc VAT plus shipping. I probably won't make any more after that.

Sorry for the novice question but does the kit include calipers or do you have to get those seperately?
Without traction power is nothing!