Make a donation

Author Topic: jabbasport golf Ed 30 to have hybrid turbo!!!  (Read 23866 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: jabbasport golf Ed 30 to have hybrid turbo!!!
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 07:49:08 am »
Would it be possible to get the same map from bedrock veedubs instead of travelling downsouth? Do you have figures for your live map, would you say its on par with giac/revo + maps just no controller? Cheers, Stevie.

considering a 12.7 sec 1/4 mile id bloody say so, and thats with no intercooler

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 09:55:07 am »
Hi Guys,

Thought i'd better pop over this side of the pond of forums :)

Can I ask what type of emulator you use for the ME9 ECU? I have been looking for one for a while now, have one for the EDC16's but not ME9.
We don't have an emulator for MED9 stuff unfortunately, we've got the MET16 for everything else. Our development with the TFSI's has been long winded but I'm happy to say that from the time I've spent with these files on the rollers we can offer some awesome maps  :happy2:

Would it be possible to get the same map from bedrock veedubs instead of travelling downsouth? Do you have figures for your live map, would you say its on par with giac/revo + maps just no controller? Cheers, Stevie.

Bedrock can offer Stage 1 maps which we can still tailor to the vehicles but obviously not really a full custom map up there unfortunately. I haven't seen any GIAC maps here, but seen Superchips, Revo etc and would like to honestly think we've spent a bit more time refining our software.

You're right about the controller, we don't offer anything like that but we like to get the map right the first time and once you've experienced it you wouldn't want to remove it!  :driver:

i have seen owen development are advertising a k04 hybrid for the 2.0tfsi

is this the same?

i enquired about it.. not cheap like

This is from Turbo Dynamics, they too can offer an outright purchase which is similar price to Owens but they can also hybrid a standard K04 which is the main selling point.

For everyone's info also we don't conform to the usual stages of remapping like Revo, Custom Code etc.

It seems many people are put off going to what they call a stage 2 tune because they don't have every modification that the tuner has required, we don't work like this.

Stage 1 is for your standard cars, with a few little mods if you want and then our next step up is a Custom Map, so you can have as few or as many modifications as you want, you don't have to conform to any criteria to be able to step up to the next level of mapping. This way everyone can be different in what they do to their cars etc. It also means we're not just loading a file into your car that's already been in 100 other cars, each car is individual and tailored.

I love mapping the TFSI engine, they're a hoot to drive and every time i complete one it just makes me want to sell my Fabia vRS to buy one!

Kev
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 12:01:48 pm by jabbasport »
Follow us on Twitter

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2010, 10:14:03 am »
Looking forward to this Kev.  :happy2:

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2010, 10:22:59 am »
x2   :happy2:

what sort of cost is it for the upgrade of your existing k04 and any idea on timescales? I dont like been without mine for too long I get withdrawal symptoms

thanks
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2010, 10:39:37 am »
x3  :happy2:

Very interested in this...

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 10:54:47 am »
x2   :happy2:

what sort of cost is it for the upgrade of your existing k04 and any idea on timescales? I dont like been without mine for too long I get withdrawal symptoms

thanks

Turn around is around 3 days at Turbo Dynamics.

Retail price to hybrid your current K04 is £816.62 to £881.25 depending on the condition of the unit.

Some spec of the turbo from TD:
High flow K24 Compressor wheel, C.N.C. re-profiled compressor housing, Uprated TD 360 degree thrust bearing, modified water cooled bearing housing, lightening of turbine wheel for faster ‘spool up’, modified turbine housing, fully blueprinted to racing specifications.

PS. We also have Autotech HPFP internals in stock and will perform the modification to anyone's pump for £330 inc VAT. If you'd rather us take the pump off your car and refit it's £52 extra.

Kev
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:14:34 am by jabbasport »
Follow us on Twitter

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 11:02:04 am »
X4  :happy2:
Anyone who is running in the 12's with a Ed30 (especially one that looks so similar to mine) is a friend of mine..  :grin:

considering a 12.7 sec 1/4 mile id bloody say so, and thats with no intercooler
It is very impressive no doubt mate. I am very keen to see what I can get out of mine once the pump, intake and Stage 2+ file is on (again standard cooler), considering the old girl ran a 13.1 with just Milltek TBE, ITG panel filter and Revo Stage 2 software. All in full road trim with Michelin PS2's. Will be interesting to see if she can cut it with some of the big boys.. :wink:

Hat's off to Jabba though, it may of taken them a while to get noticed more on the TFSI scene, but they seem to be here with a bang.  :happy2: They certainly don't need any introduction with the 1.8T crowd..  :smiley:
« Last Edit: April 29, 2010, 11:09:03 am by Vtec Abuser »

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 01:07:31 pm »
If anyone wants any logs from Luke's car just drop me a line, happy to be very open with any info with the TFSI's.

Powergraph for anyone that's missed it..

Kev
Follow us on Twitter

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »
mines going to jabba to be mapped once i invest in a sports cat and the TT will go there too for a stg1, i'm not sure if kev was too impressed with my current map :)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2010, 06:52:08 pm »
they do have a phenominal reputation on the 1.8T and now they have their in house ed30 im sure they will be more to be a match for REVO/GIAC etc.

I think that is where io would be heading especially as they are more experienced than most o the other Vag tuners when it comes to WMI which is something i want

So @ jabbalad  come on lets get this sorted ASAP, all i ask though is can we see the completion graphs with and without WMI please.

on a side note, what was the power of Jonnys old Gt30 Ed30 on your rollers. we never saw an output in the end

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:18 pm »
I'm not sure if kev was too impressed with my current map :)

Is that how it came across?  :wink:

So @ jabbalad  come on lets get this sorted ASAP, all i ask though is can we see the completion graphs with and without WMI please.

on a side note, what was the power of Jonnys old Gt30 Ed30 on your rollers. we never saw an output in the end

It looks like someone may need some persuading to put a W/I kit on their octavia? :D As you wish, im sure it wont take much to convince luke to put more toys on the ED30!

I dont think the new owner wants much on the forum about the car so im not saying much at the moment. It's with us for custom mapping, which is a GREAT thing, to prove we have no issues with big turbo stuff but it's having a fuel supply/pressure issue at the moment so no mapiing till it's sorted.

I think he wont mind a before and after once it's fully mapped :D

Kev
Follow us on Twitter

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2010, 07:41:30 pm »
they do have a phenominal reputation on the 1.8T and now they have their in house ed30 im sure they will be more to be a match for REVO/GIAC etc.

I think that is where io would be heading especially as they are more experienced than most o the other Vag tuners when it comes to WMI which is something i want

Haha yes of course we will be going power runs before and after with both water meth and without  :smiley:
i will be haeding out to the ring straight after too, so it will officially be "tested round the nurburgring"  :happy2:
gunna see how low in the 8min range (possibly into the 7min range) i can get it... seeing as i done 8.40 in a standard car last year on standard conti tyres! haha

I will Pm you re power figures for Jonnys ex ed30... its not fair on him or the new owner if i post on a public forum
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2010, 08:10:12 pm »
With there bein no controller, I guess there won't be the option for a map for usin WMI and one if you run out of water/meth?

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2010, 08:31:47 pm »

I know when JC run his with the BT it was no quicker time wise than when he ran it with KO4. BUT it was only ran on that one day and was very cold and struggled for grip. However it was running nearly 120mph terminals, compared to 116mph with the K04..

Luke, was it you who had the red Fabia before mate?

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2010, 09:04:42 pm »
With there bein no controller, I guess there won't be the option for a map for usin WMI and one if you run out of water/meth?

Not at the moment, but i have something in the pipeline which will be tested on Luke's when the W/I is installed..

Cheers
Kev
Follow us on Twitter