Make a donation

Author Topic: jabbasport golf Ed 30 to have hybrid turbo!!!  (Read 23851 times)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
Re: jabbasport golf Ed 30 to have hybrid turbo!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2010, 09:08:32 pm »
With there bein no controller, I guess there won't be the option for a map for usin WMI and one if you run out of water/meth?

Not at the moment, but i have something in the pipeline which will be tested on Luke's when the W/I is installed..

Cheers
Kev

Its all looking very promising :)

Offline SteveTDCi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2010, 10:35:36 pm »
I'm not sure if kev was too impressed with my current map :)

Is that how it came across?  :wink:

So @ jabbalad  come on lets get this sorted ASAP, all i ask though is can we see the completion graphs with and without WMI please.

on a side note, what was the power of Jonnys old Gt30 Ed30 on your rollers. we never saw an output in the end

It looks like someone may need some persuading to put a W/I kit on their octavia? :D As you wish, im sure it wont take much to convince luke to put more toys on the ED30!

I dont think the new owner wants much on the forum about the car so im not saying much at the moment. It's with us for custom mapping, which is a GREAT thing, to prove we have no issues with big turbo stuff but it's having a fuel supply/pressure issue at the moment so no mapiing till it's sorted.

I think he wont mind a before and after once it's fully mapped :D

Kev

LOL,  yeah, still it seemed ok to me after i'd been in that Lupo all day, you'll get your chance to put the leon right sometime soon, don't forget a price for those wheel spacers  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2010, 11:13:46 pm »
Subscribed to this thread.  :happy2:

Looks very interesting. I'd wondered for a while whether a hybrid K04 would get made and so I'm looking forward to seeing any results on the strip, 'ring and/or dyno. :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:49 am »
It looks like someone may need some persuading to put a W/I kit on their octavia? :D As you wish, im sure it wont take much to convince luke to put more toys on the ED30!
:grin: :grin:im mega keen to get the WMI but it wont be on the octavia that is going to be replaced by something yet to be confirmed. 

would you be going for boost or MAF controlled W/M though.

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2010, 09:12:06 am »
More than likely MAF based injection, as this is what's usually recommended for a quick spooling turbo, if we find this isn't suitable we can always swap it out for a Boost based injection as we have the controllers in stock.

Kev
Follow us on Twitter

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2010, 09:16:34 am »
Jabbalad.. Post up your times and details in the 1/4 miles thread and I'll add you to the list mate..

All sounds good.. I think you should be able to drop below a 12.6 for sure, another year of development time has gone by since I ran that time, and it's a natural progression.. Wish you the best of luck :)

In regards to my ED30 and times that it ran at Pod with the big turbo.. I think it's pretty obvious just what it was/is capable of considering the pace of other Stage 2+ cars on that day and what those same cars have ran since with no further modifications.. 119mph+ terminals on that day were more than I could have hoped for..

Don't be surprised to see that car deep into the 11's or even dropping into the 10's this year.. Looking back I know it would have been worth me running the car again on a day which would have allowed me to show what the car was capable of, but ho hum! The new owner will be doing that soon enough! :)

APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2010, 09:41:19 am »
on a side note, what was the power of Jonnys old Gt30 Ed30 on your rollers. we never saw an output in the end

I know when JC run his with the BT it was no quicker time wise than when he ran it with KO4. BUT it was only ran on that one day and was very cold and struggled for grip. However it was running nearly 120mph terminals, compared to 116mph with the K04..

Luke, was it you who had the red Fabia before mate?

Yep it was me that used to have the red fabia all those years ago  :smiley:
I had a 440bhp Audi A3 after that that was featured in redline and so on, then got the ED30.
With all my cars they have been my only car at the time and they have all been daily driven (and pretty hard too) so i guess the longer term goal is to see how far we can go without making it horrible to drive and un-reliable....   :smiley:

With everything we develop we try to look for the long term life of it.... i would like to think that our BT 1.8t development shows this, when you get people like MAHLE (once Cosworth) buying our manifolds and turbo setups to run on there higher power factory engine packages to put into production cars, we must be doing something right  :signLOL:

I will see how much i can do this year but i cant throw money at it unfortunatly, it should mean it makes a nicer overall package tho, as each part of the build will be better developed than just going for the top straight away :laugh:

I do know of a certain BT ED30 that will be up for sale again very soon tho, once the map is sorted and a few other little problems are fixed its going to be a pretty nice car that should run good power   :smiley:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2010, 09:46:36 am »
Lifted from Briskoda.net

"We're hoping a hybrid K04 should beat JohnnyC's time although we've got his car in the workshop at the moment with the new owner and it's not a happy bunny, neither is it making the power it was advertised at.. Which would explain why it ran slower times with the GT30 than it did on a standard turbo.

Kev"

Kev,

I have been in constant contact with Dave offering all of my help that I possibly can to get around the issue and you know fine well there is much more to it than that.. As I have already said, and as many witnessed, times at Santa Pod on that day were no where near representative..

Please don't go posting BS like this discrediting the car and me in the process..

If you would like to talk to me then get my number from Dave and feel free to give me call

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2010, 09:49:29 am »
^^^ Why drag that over here  :confused:, it was posted on briskoda so go and answer it on briskoda!

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2010, 10:09:43 am »
^^^ Why drag that over here  :confused:, it was posted on briskoda so go and answer it on briskoda!

:grouphug:

Offline jabbasport

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2010, 10:39:19 am »
Just dropped you an email Jonny as i can't PM on here yet.

Thanks
Kev
Follow us on Twitter

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2010, 01:17:29 pm »
Just dropped you an email Jonny as i can't PM on here yet.

Thanks
Kev

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate you contacting me..

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2010, 05:56:55 pm »
me and wayne run with thefatplasterer (sean) in his yellow cupra nearly every weekend, and when we were stage 1 revo, his stage 1 jabba was always quicker. We both rated the jabba map highly but never talked about it much as at the time and it might have been true then they only had a stage 1 map and nothing else?

Offline yin

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 77
  • -Receive: 18
  • Seat Leon Cupra Tfsi Its nearly a Golf
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: May 02, 2010, 08:23:43 pm »
Subscribed

Group buy with jabbasport anybody  Hybrid and custom map group booking :happy2:

Offline jabbalad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 3
    • Jabbasport
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2010, 12:14:21 am »
well quick update, i put the s3 cooler on on saturday, this immediately made the car alot more responsive, and it pulled so much harder in higher gears with what felt like more torque! was very impressed with it!  :smiley:

didnt get much time to appretiate it tho as i took the car into work this morning to get the turbo off, 3 hours later and it was all packed and ready to be shipped first thing in the morning  :laugh:

thats all for now, i will start to put together a build thread tomorow if i get enough time  :fighting2:
12.7 santapod... soon to be quicker :-)

Candy White Edition 30; Custom KW clubsports, Eibach hollow arbs, Jabba remap, BTB Exhaust, Twintake, Autotech HPFP, Team Dynamics wheels, VWR Big Brakes.