Make a donation

Author Topic: Removal of fuse  (Read 2120 times)

Offline Toptrump

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Removal of fuse
« on: January 13, 2009, 01:09:10 pm »
Hey all,

Recently my car has developed a problem with the rear parking sensors.  It now gives a long beep upon putting the car into reverse to indicate a problem, as it only does it the first time for each journey.  So first week of January the car was in for it's service and I mentioned this to VW.  Apparently there is no fault reported on their machine (strange as the car thinks there is) and they want to remove the rear bumper to investigate further which will cost me £80!

Looking through the paperwork with the car, this problem seems to have come up before.  The inner offside sensor has been replaced twice (under warrenty) which tells me that this is a wiring problem or just a problem with the whole system.  Now being a bloke I really don't need parking sensors  :laugh: surely you stop when things go crunch!  :happy2: So I want to hopefully remove the fuse and shut the damn noise up as I refuse to pay VW money for a problem they have never fixed and will charge me time and time again as it will go wrong no doubt all the time i have the car.

Do you think I will be OK doing this?  I have not really looked through the manual yet to see if it lists the specific fuse yet (just thought about it at work at lunch).
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Removal of fuse
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 10:05:03 pm »
Mr stealth wolf would buy your system i reckon he suffers from a condition called female hand eye coordination  he is always bumping into things or skidding  :evilgrin:  :signLOL:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 10:06:03 pm »
haha...harsh.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 10:07:26 pm »
Mr stealth wolf would buy your system i reckon he suffers from a condition called female hand eye coordination  he is always bumping into things or skidding  :evilgrin:  :signLOL:

Nah it's alright - I'd rather wait for the camera for the rns-510. Two more scrapes and I get a free paint job!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 10:08:25 pm »

Nah it's alright - I'd rather wait for the camera for the rns-510. Two more scrapes and I get a free paint job!

Only teasing stealth  :P