Make a donation

Author Topic: Next mod? New tyres :)  (Read 32623 times)

Offline Cupra R

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Next mod?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 07:08:47 pm »
Get a WOTbox fitted, I've been in Owenlcr's car and it's foooooooking amazing.

Also you need a Quaife ATB LSD

Also The new OZ superturismo WRC wheels (7kg for 18's :drool:) alongside TOYO R1R's (best compromise for road and track and don't sound as loud as R888's)

I'd wait on the hybrid K04 to see what Jabbalad's car performs like - you may need REVO stage 3 to get the best from it.

Which part's amazing mate, his car or the WOT?

WOT!!!!!!!!!! :jumping:

Ahh. Good. I hope to see it in person then when he pick's it up.

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 07:10:50 pm »
Get a WOTbox fitted, I've been in Owenlcr's car and it's foooooooking amazing.

Also you need a Quaife ATB LSD

Also The new OZ superturismo WRC wheels (7kg for 18's :drool:) alongside TOYO R1R's (best compromise for road and track and don't sound as loud as R888's)

I'd wait on the hybrid K04 to see what Jabbalad's car performs like - you may need REVO stage 3 to get the best from it.

Which part's amazing mate, his car or the WOT?

WOT!!!!!!!!!! :jumping:

Good may get one fitted this month then as im going to York raceway and just ordered some track tyres :evilgrin:

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 07:18:23 pm »
Owen and I will be racing each other this coming Sunday at Crail. I have no WOT Box and still have my a/c. Most of the other mods being are similar except he has a 3" VF Intake vs my Evoms, his the only car running the new GIAC Extreme Plus file where mine is Revo S2+. He will also have on his light wheels and I wont as they are off being refinished and he is now decat and I dont think I will have mine removed by then due to work being too busy.

It will be interesting to see how his car goes. I am expecting it to be faster than mine (my time being 13.2 @ 114mph). 12's maybe? Would love it if it was  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 07:23:23 pm by djhorace »

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »
You both gonna be running on semi slicks or road tyres?

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2010, 07:21:34 pm »
You both gonna be running on semi slicks or road tyres?
Both cars running crappy Vredstein Ultrac Sessantas unless my Kumho V70a's arrive in time :)

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2010, 07:24:14 pm »
Haha just ordered some of them tonight in Hard Compound.

Mike next mod should be lightweight alloys + sticky tyres then the TT Control Arms imo :happy2:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2010, 07:25:38 pm »
SteveJnr at Statlers seemed certain the TT Ball joints would go on the cupra  :confused:  If they do thats a mod for this month!

How much are the R8 Calipers??  :party: :party:  Lighter that the mammoth cupra ones Im guessing? (and sexier!)

Ill see if I can squeeze in the WOT box before I go back to Germany mid June too

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2010, 07:33:57 pm »
Owen and I will be racing each other this coming Sunday at Crail. I have no WOT Box and still have my a/c. Most of the other mods being are similar except he has a 3" VF Intake vs my Evoms, his the only car running the new GIAC Extreme Plus file where mine is Revo S2+. He will also have on his light wheels and I wont as they are off being refinished and he is now decat and I dont think I will have mine removed by then due to work being too busy.

It will be interesting to see how his car goes. I am expecting it to be faster than mine (my time being 13.2 @ 114mph). 12's maybe? Would love it if it was  :happy2:

Has owen just had the condenser taken out or had a pulley / belt swap and had the whole ac taken out?

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2010, 07:41:41 pm »
SteveJnr at Statlers seemed certain the TT Ball joints would go on the cupra  :confused:  If they do thats a mod for this month!

How much are the R8 Calipers??  :party: :party:  Lighter that the mammoth cupra ones Im guessing? (and sexier!)

Ill see if I can squeeze in the WOT box before I go back to Germany mid June too

Keep us updated on the TT  ball joints then as if they go on the cupra arms then that would be one hell of a ace mod for like £100.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2010, 08:26:56 pm »

Keep us updated on the TT  ball joints then as if they go on the cupra arms then that would be one hell of a ace mod for like £100.

My bad, the arms are machined different :(

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 10:21:11 pm »
Not sure. Think its just the core removed to allow more air on to the intercooler.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 10:29:53 pm »
Excuse my ignorance Mike whats a RS4 valve? and the benefits.

Offline djhorace

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 11:20:07 pm »
Helps with the limitation from the standard valve Keith. Owen and I will be at Crail on Sunday. Owen has the new GIAC map. You should come along  :happy2:

Offline danishmkvgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 05:49:10 am »

when you are running an uprated fuelpump and software requesting 130bar of fuel pressure you have problems with the stock fuel pressure regulator valve as its limit is 127bar, rs4 valve has a limit of 132bar  :happy2:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 07:13:01 am »

when you are running an uprated fuelpump and software requesting 130bar of fuel pressure you have problems with the stock fuel pressure regulator valve as its limit is 127bar, rs4 valve has a limit of 132bar  :happy2:

I see you have S3 injectors mate, much benefit?