Make a donation

Author Topic: which exhaust?????  (Read 5344 times)

Offline Aparoon

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 7
    • Email
Re: which exhaust?????
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 10:38:52 am »
Im very happy with my blueflame its awesome , however if I was buying new I would stretch to a apr rsc, I just want one..  :drool:
Edition 30 DSG, Revo 2+,BSH Intake, Autotech hpfp, Blueflame TBE,  Eibach Sportlines, Speedline Turini's GONE

Offline Joff Gas

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 55
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2010, 11:42:41 am »
Alright mate !

Exhaust time is it ! I would defintootly recommend blueflame is a great sysem not to loud with no droan. i wouldnt want it to be any quieter. Here is the thing have you ever heard anyone who owns a blueflame complain about them ?? I havnt, honestly give i a try you will love it  :happy2:

One thing id watch out for, is that if you are running an exhaust and intake with with a giac map you should really fit an uprated fuel pump as fuel cuts are possible which is not good at all for your engine !
Ive got the exhaust and giac map and when i told him i was going to fit the intake when i got home, i was told not to as id need the fuel pump to ensure my engine can gain the correct amount of fuel as the factory pump cant deliver this in the mid range.

thanks for your valid reply.... :happy2:

Stage2plusd ed30 dsg

Offline gobbleplease

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2010, 05:15:32 pm »
....It's an aftermarket intake, not a exhaust, which can upset the fuelling. If you have Revo you can adjust the settings to compensate and avoid the added expense a fuel pump until/if you decide to go to Stage2+ (Revo).

He has a giac remap and not revo therfore doesnt have the chance to run reduced settings to compensate for the intake/exhaust.
Correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that the addition of the exhaust freed things up so the engine could process more air which in turn will mean more fuel, obviously the intake will allow even more air in to the engine but i thought he exhaust will also cause a slight alteration in fueling, well not alteration.....you know what i mean though :smiley:

Also mate, another think to watch out for when buying an exhaust on a giac mapped car is make sure you specify 200 cell cats as the giac software doesnt disable the check light, and running 100 cell cats could cause the fault light to illuminate.
Im assured it wont come on with 200 cell cats :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 10:20:30 am by gobbleplease »
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN