Make a donation

Author Topic: which exhaust?????  (Read 5337 times)

Offline PDT

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 142
    • Email
Re: which exhaust?????
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 02:03:11 pm »
Milltek for me everytime, Blueflame always seem a bit too noisy, but if you like noise.......

Feel free to contact me or prices on either.  :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

I've been resisting opening this thread because I'm a Milltek fanboy. Blueflame and APR are good but harsher sounding - Milltek are more sophisticated - It depends what floats your boat.

Here's mine, or should I say half of mine, being quads:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline HuckingFell

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 08:21:56 pm »
I've got a Blueflame cat back waiting to go on my Cupra, can't wait  :laugh:! All I've got to do is save for the rest of it now :sad1:

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »
I've got a Blueflame cat back waiting to go on my Cupra, can't wait  :laugh:! All I've got to do is save for the rest of it now :sad1:

be cheaper in the long run to do it all at the same time  :happy2:

the only problem is telling the misses!  :laugh:

i love my system, blueflame rulez  :evilgrin:
Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 08:51:42 pm »
I still have my orig exhaust although i run some light mods. For some reason my zorst has a nice deepish sound that a few folks have commented on. But i to have thought about getting an aftermarket one heres some of the ones I have contemplated bearing in mind my car is used for school runs for 2 kids and show use. I dont like noise :chicken:
Manu                               Pro                     Con
Milltek                 Nice & widely avail          Pricey & lots of warranty claims
Blueflame            Good Price                      maybe to loud for me
Remus                 Very Nice                        Very pricey, dont know anyone with one
Apr                       Not sure                          Pricey Again Noisy I think

So with that fantastic detective work It would be Milltek but I have a hankering for the Remus, although maybe going for a pipeworkz downpipe mated to my orig silencer .

Offline HuckingFell

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 08:54:57 pm »

be cheaper in the long run to do it all at the same time  :happy2:

the only problem is telling the misses!  :laugh:

i love my system, blueflame rulez  :evilgrin:

I know, just can't wait to get the extra noise! Over 4 months till I can afford the downpipe!

Offline snapey

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 22
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 09:01:20 pm »
Here's the blueflame on the MK5, not sure if there's a huge difference between the KO3 and KO4 in terms of noise but they sound  :evilgrin:

« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 05:36:26 pm by snapey »
If you have to ask why, you'll never understand.

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 09:13:22 pm »
Alright mate !

Exhaust time is it ! I would defintootly recommend blueflame is a great sysem not to loud with no droan. i wouldnt want it to be any quieter. Here is the thing have you ever heard anyone who owns a blueflame complain about them ?? I havnt, honestly give i a try you will love it  :happy2:

One thing id watch out for, is that if you are running an exhaust and intake with with a giac map you should really fit an uprated fuel pump as fuel cuts are possible which is not good at all for your engine !
Ive got the exhaust and giac map and when i told him i was going to fit the intake when i got home, i was told not to as id need the fuel pump to ensure my engine can gain the correct amount of fuel as the factory pump cant deliver this in the mid range.
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 11:04:05 pm »

One thing id watch out for, is that if you are running an exhaust and intake with with a giac map you should really fit an uprated fuel pump as fuel cuts are possible which is not good at all for your engine !
Ive got the exhaust and giac map and when i told him i was going to fit the intake when i got home, i was told not to as id need the fuel pump to ensure my engine can gain the correct amount of fuel as the factory pump cant deliver this in the mid range.

....It's an aftermarket intake, not a exhaust, which can upset the fuelling. If you have Revo you can adjust the settings to compensate and avoid the added expense a fuel pump until/if you decide to go to Stage2+ (Revo).
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 08:17:42 am by RedRobin »

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Saint Steve

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2010, 07:42:53 am »
Milltek Vote here.

on the back of keiths pro's and cons, are excellent warranty aftersales from them aswell.

Offline HuckingFell

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2010, 08:23:25 am »
Here's the blueflame on the MK5, not sure if there's a huge difference between the KO3 and KO4 in terms of noise but they sound  :evilgrin:

That sounds ace! :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2010, 09:28:14 am »

Much as I can enjoy and appreciate the sound of the Blueflame it does sound much more boy-racer-ish on a GTI than the Milltek.

Offline prepree

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2010, 09:39:28 am »
The APR always seems to get over looked in the UK, jump over the pond and they all love it, although they have got a lot of fan boys. Chris (white GTI) had one which i think is now on CMD's car, ask him to get you a sound clip of it, i was very impressed with it. Iv been in both APR & Miltek cars and APR sounded better for my taste, more of a raspy raw sound with lots of pops and bangs but silent as stock on normal driving.
Have only heard videos of the blueflame & its enough to make me want to listen in person before i make the choice.

Choice is yours!!  :popcornsoda:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2010, 09:45:59 am »
choice is yours but dont follow the crowd with milltek  :P get a Blueflame  :happy2: trust me as people on here have had milltek in the past and after me saying try the blueflame you will love it they all do as its  :evilgrin: but so chilled out when u want it to be and there is no big back box at the back too
on an s3

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2010, 10:31:08 am »
^^^^
As you say, Mat, the choice really is down to the individual rather than "dont follow the crowd with milltek" which is beginning to sound like a political campaign saying don't vote for one of the other parties. The election is over, or very nearly!

Sound is very subjective and according to individual taste. We all know that you're ecstatic about your Blueflame just as I am about my Milltek and Chris about his APR. It's more as prepree has posted.  :happy2:

Btw, there's no big back box on my Milltek either  :P  I can post a pic if you like.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2010, 10:33:28 am by RedRobin »