Make a donation

Author Topic: If you like Westerns....  (Read 1990 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
If you like Westerns....
« on: May 07, 2010, 07:05:50 pm »

Heads-up: Gotta be one of the best Western movies made imo: "The Outlaw Josey Wales" on ITV1 tonight 10:35pm.

I understand it was Clint Eastwood's first directorial role. It's nice and long and is very realistic to how things were. I know that the American Indian world approved. Chief Dan George, now passed on, is awesome in the film - He demonstrates typical Indian humour so very well  :notworthy:. The pace is perhaps slow but it works well.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
    • Email
Re: If you like Westerns....
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 07:15:18 pm »
good shout R/R :congrats: watched unforgiven again for the 100th time :rolleye: my fav film of his

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »
^^^^
Yep, "Unforgiven" also one of my favourites and also it's one of Clint's favourites as I saw in a recent interview with him. But there's no Chief Dan George in it.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 12:08:45 am »
I think I have many of Clint's westerns on DVD.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 09:45:37 am »

Although I've lost count of how many times I've seen "Josey Wales" I hadn't seen it for a while and still loved every minute of it. It was quite ground breaking in its pro-Indian stance and refreshingly used genuine Indian actors. "Dances With Wolves" came much later and although a true reflection, it was set in much earlier times, which hasn't helped the stereotype image. The Indian Nations are alive and kickin'!!! My favourite contemporary Indian movie is without doubt the thriller "Thunderheart" which is very closely based on truth - Very closely! Life on some of the rez's is like that now in 2010. Ever heard of John Trudell or AIM (American Indian Movement)?