Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT Help needed please  (Read 7681 times)

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: URGENT Help needed please
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:43 am »
have you lost any water?

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline markymark

• Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 55
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2010, 09:36:17 am »
have you lost any water?
Nope I think the water is still fine.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2010, 09:39:46 am »
Hi Mark,

I am tending to side with the HPFP theorists.  Perhaps 'borrow' a pump?  to test the theory out.

Need to do some logging to see if the LP pump is supplying the HP pump the correct quantity of fuel, if the LP is not keeping up, the HP side will suffer.

D

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2010, 09:43:40 am »
Hi Mark,

I am tending to side with the HPFP theorists.  Perhaps 'borrow' a pump?  to test the theory out.

Need to do some logging to see if the LP pump is supplying the HP pump the correct quantity of fuel, if the LP is not keeping up, the HP side will suffer.

D
Cheers Dave, yeah im beginning to think its more fuel pump now.....anyone wanna let me borrow a pump! :happy2:

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2010, 09:46:48 am »
Hi Mark,

D
Cheers Dave, yeah im beginning to think its more fuel pump now.....anyone wanna let me borrow a pump! :happy2:

I think you need to do the logging first Mark, i can't remember the measuring blocks, but you need to make sure the LP side is feeding the HP side enough fuel to deliver what it needs.

D

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2010, 09:48:33 am »
Hi Mark,

D

I think you need to do the logging first Mark, i can't remember the measuring blocks, but you need to make sure the LP side is feeding the HP side enough fuel to deliver what it needs.

D
Agreed but I dont have VCDS!

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:00 am »
Not much help I'm afraid, but it's a pity you're not down south - I reckon the JKM guys would be able to find the fault with their huge experience of the 2.0T FSI.

Is it worth a phone call to Keith @ JKM: 0239 263 9933?

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2010, 10:21:26 am »
Not much help I'm afraid, but it's a pity you're not down south - I reckon the JKM guys would be able to find the fault with their huge experience of the 2.0T FSI.

Is it worth a phone call to Keith @ JKM: 0239 263 9933?
Cheers RR, yeah I know if I was closer I would be there like a shot. When we were en-route to The Ring SteveP kindly called JKM for there input but really without seeing the car they couldnt diagnose the fault. Hopefully the map will be switched back to stock this week so I can try and isolate the problem that way. :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:05 am »
i dont think you need a HPFP, my std pump never failed after 58k :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2010, 01:43:00 pm »
sorry to hear the issues Mark.

from my perspective 10bar drop on req vs actual isnt unheard of on a K03 car , so whilst it is happening its not necessarily the problem. Im sure I have seen K03 cars drop more than this at 4krpm and not spit fault codes.
Does the req vs actual  recover as the revs pass through 4k  or continue to drop/ flatline at minus 10 bar??
for your remap whats the max requested? (110 /130)

Did you fit any new parts just before the 'ring that may just have pushed the fuel limit ?

Id err with stokeballon on a supply problem on the LP side... but what do i know  :signLOL:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2010, 02:23:17 pm »

from my perspective 10bar drop on req vs actual isnt unheard of on a K03 car , so whilst it is happening its not necessarily the problem. Im sure I have seen K03 cars drop more than this at 4krpm and not spit fault codes.
Does the req vs actual  recover as the revs pass through 4k  or continue to drop/ flatline at minus 10 bar??

Did you fit any new parts just before the 'ring that may just have pushed the fuel limit ?

Id err with stokeballon on a supply problem on the LP side... but what do i know  :signLOL:

john_o thanks for your response, id love to say I could answer your questions but I dont know is the honest answer. When it goes into limp mode thats it, no boost nothing, eventually it does come back after 30secs-1min, but it appears it will only do this for a limited number of runs before going into proper limp mode. Switching off and back on obviously clears it temporarily but if I gas it it goes again.  I have put the fault code into Google and most of the related links coming back suggest its the pump.
If I upgrade the fuel pump is it just the internals that make up the pump or is there more to it?
The only part which was changed prior to the ring trip was the clutch, a Sachs uprated one?

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 451
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »
I would also suggest you change your fuel filter if not already done as if it's clogged will give symptoms of of a bad LPFP and lean error codes.

Also, is your fuel tank petrol cap ok and properly screwed in tightly till it clicks?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2010, 03:29:16 pm »
I would also suggest you change your fuel filter if not already done as if it's clogged will give symptoms of of a bad LPFP and lean error codes.

Also, is your fuel tank petrol cap ok and properly screwed in tightly till it clicks?

I will do that, yeah the petrol cap is always fully tightened!

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2010, 03:30:24 pm »

Does the req vs actual  recover as the revs pass through 4k  or continue to drop/ flatline at minus 10 bar??

Id err with stokeballon on a supply problem on the LP side... but what do i know  :signLOL:

It was requesting 110bar, but at times during the brief logging we conducted it was showing differences of upto 50bar (i.e. only reaching 60bar)  :surprised:

IIRC this fault code has been seen on some bluefin cars where it was requesting too much boost, but the requested vs. actual was just over 10bar difference.

Mark if you want some help logging the LP and HP stuff again once the map is off then give me a call

Offline markymark

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2010, 03:33:06 pm »

Does the req vs actual  recover as the revs pass through 4k  or continue to drop/ flatline at minus 10 bar??

Id err with stokeballon on a supply problem on the LP side... but what do i know  :signLOL:

It was requesting 110bar, but at times during the brief logging we conducted it was showing differences of upto 50bar (i.e. only reaching 60bar)  :surprised:

IIRC this fault code has been seen on some bluefin cars where it was requesting too much boost, but the requested vs. actual was just over 10bar difference.

Mark if you want some help logging the LP and HP stuff again once the map is off then give me a call
Cheers Steve, the map is being taken off on Friday afternoon