Make a donation

Author Topic: Thinking of bailing out on my ED30!!!!  (Read 41037 times)

Offline cmdrfire

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
Re: Thinking of bailing out on my ED30!!!!
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2010, 10:02:19 pm »
Bi Turbo V6 Rocco FTW.....

Rare as rocking horse, stealthy, 450BHP+, 4WD....

You could have a 10 sec 1/4 mile lambo worrier and nobody need know

....As if you'd be worried about some bloke in his superfast Scirocco when driving your Lambo! I know which I'd rather own, regardless of performance.

Nobody said it was a better car Robin just that it would worry one. I think its fair to say you're not on your own to prefer a lambo over a rocco...its just the six figure price tag thats stopping me buying one tomorrow funnily enough

I wouldn't have a Lambo of any kind over a Scirocco. The Lamorghini makes you sit bent (the pedals are offset from the driver's position). After an hour driving it you're in mild agony - on both the Gallardo and the Murcielago. This is where the F430/599/612 excel (dunno 'bout the 458; I've yet to drive one of those).

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2010, 10:38:44 pm »
Bi Turbo V6 Rocco FTW.....

Rare as rocking horse, stealthy, 450BHP+, 4WD....

You could have a 10 sec 1/4 mile lambo worrier and nobody need know

....As if you'd be worried about some bloke in his superfast Scirocco when driving your Lambo! I know which I'd rather own, regardless of performance.

Thats completely beside the point. Everyone rather have the lambo, but if you cannot afford one, but can afford to make your "cheap car" beat the lambo at what its meant to do best, and surprise people, then it sure is a good feeling, and yes the lambo owner will be a teeny weeny bit miffed

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2010, 11:51:18 pm »
i know the guy that own that car and lets put this way its stupid fast in Germany on the autobahn  :surprised:

Yeah, I went down to Inters in 2008 with Andy and the R32 and you could hear it half a mile away on the motorway when he pressed the fast pedal :evilgrin: :jumpmove: :driver:
Golf R gone.

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2010, 11:54:38 pm »
Yeah he is a nut case but such a top guy and yes I know it's silly loud but it's a good loud.

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2010, 11:57:01 pm »
Yeah he is a nut case but such a top guy and yes I know it's silly loud but it's a good loud.

Yep,

That's why I'm soooo tempted by one :pomppomp:
Golf R gone.

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2010, 12:01:23 am »
So 2010 1.4TSi 's are 17.5K on autotrader - Maybe 16750 for cash whats your eddie worth?  :evilgrin:

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2010, 12:03:06 am »
Have u heard his flywheel on that car  :laugh: just get a mk4 for 10k then go see jbs who for 6k will see u above 400bhp and fit your brakes and strip it out stick a cage in it and have it all done for under 22k ish

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2010, 12:22:13 am »
having literally bailed out of my ed30 last weekend i have spent the last week contemplating new cars my max budget is25k and have conidered evo x rs (lightweight version),  r262r, r32 plus mods but my current favourite as i mentioned in the random thread is the 135i

as standard sub 5s 0-60 and 12.6 1/4mile  - with remap and exhaust you will see 400hp and 11s 1/4miles and it handles pretty well too, bilstein coils are available if you require

for 24k you get a great start and if you take a bit of weight out of it plus a few mods i think it would be an animal  :evilgrin:
GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2010, 12:30:35 am »
So 2010 1.4TSi 's are 17.5K on autotrader - Maybe 16750 for cash whats your eddie worth?  :evilgrin:

Probably about £18k if I left the mods on.

Maybe £16k with all the mods off - only done 26k miles, by one careful owner :innocent:
Golf R gone.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2010, 06:23:52 am »
With the sort of budget you mention then I'd say an ex demo TTRS is an ideal starting point.  The problem with modding to the extreme (cutting floors, changing engines etc) is that you instantly write off the value of the base car.  I always prefer to be able to retrun to stock once you've finished.

What about a TTRS engine in something else??  There was a link to one on eBay posted at VAGOC IIRC.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2010, 07:58:02 am »
Si,

Your assuming you need to cut floors on the rocco, im not sure you do. Geometry on a Mk5 4WD and 2WD at the back is more or less identical. I've even seen R32 splined rear hubs on mk5 with a blanking plug when VW have got their numbers wrong.

The Boot on a rocco is very shallow

Having said that Rocco DNA also comes from Passat CC in a lot of cases....

Dont forget to use 19's on anything new.....for reasons previously discussed    :wink: :wink: :wink:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2010, 09:52:36 am »
having literally bailed out of my ed30 last weekend i have spent the last week contemplating new cars my max budget is25k and have conidered evo x rs (lightweight version),  r262r, r32 plus mods but my current favourite as i mentioned in the random thread is the 135i

as standard sub 5s 0-60 and 12.6 1/4mile  - with remap and exhaust you will see 400hp and 11s 1/4miles and it handles pretty well too, bilstein coils are available if you require

for 24k you get a great start and if you take a bit of weight out of it plus a few mods i think it would be an animal  :evilgrin:

When you say you've bailed on the Ed30 James, has it gone already?  :surprised:

I'm with you on the 135i though, something I am seriously considering after the ED30 goes. But i've not heard of a standard one going near 12.6 in this country?  :confused: :confused: :confused: I'm quite friendly with the lads in the E90 forums and the quickest 335i on their (450bhp) @ Pod is 12.6 @ 118mph. Now then 335i is only 50kgs lighter than the 335i, so they have potential that's for sure, but not quite as quick as standard as that. My mates mapped one was similar to mine upto high speeds then it obviously had the legs.
Great cars though and the Yanks go mad for them..

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2010, 10:29:55 am »

Dont forget to use 19's on anything new.....for reasons previously discussed    :wink: :wink: :wink:

....Crikey, you've set quite a puzzle there, Mr Brakes-Guru :confused:

19's? - I'm having great difficulty working out what you mean  :wink:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2010, 11:22:22 am »
Hurdy if your going Quattro surely its has to be something with a longitudinal engine to get permanent drive and a 40:60 distribution, plus you can then get your hands on the 7 spd s-tronic which has many more clutch plates for smoother and faster pick-up.  Plus it might be possible to swop it out for the R8 box or the Porsche PDK box?  Which should take what-ever you can throw at it!

Or if you start with a R32 how about getting your hands on one of the new 2.0 TSI lumps with variable valve lift as standard they chuck out a considerable amount of extra torque, and I bet even a simple tune could release alot more without sacrificing the weight of a V6 lump.

What ever you do, will be an interesting build thread, proper AWD with decent front to rear power distribution 7 spd DSG, and a blinfding engine will make a truely awesome motor!  :party:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline FamilyDub

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • ...who needs a diesel?
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2010, 01:17:47 pm »
I'm feeling the R36 transplant (with forced induction) with 4WD into a new shape Scirocco at the moment. A 600bhp Scirocco with 4WD and looking stock from the outside would be a great stealth car :smiley:

^^^ +1.  :popcornsoda:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr, Family-Spec | 17" w/anthracite Finish | Manual | Highline | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |