Make a donation

Author Topic: UK iPad prices revealed  (Read 9475 times)

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Re: UK iPad prices revealed
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 05:04:30 pm »
I also love apple products, all of them to be honest but I do not have a place for the ipad although no doubt i'll end up with one at some point :laugh:

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 06:52:48 pm »
Has there been a release date for the iphone 4 yet? Due an upgrade and as much as I like the Blackberry scene i have an iPhone itch that needs scratching.
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 06:55:32 pm »
Usual over priced under spec'd apple device then

YES of course i'm getting one  :booty:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2010, 07:15:15 pm »
Has there been a release date for the iphone 4 yet? Due an upgrade and as much as I like the Blackberry scene i have an iPhone itch that needs scratching.

It's not even been announced yet.

Apple's WWDC is set for 7-11 June so if it is coming then that is most likely it's announcement along side the release date of iPhone OS 4

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2010, 07:23:17 pm »
Carl had you thought about getting a 3G one and using the iPhone sim in it where necessary??  I had heard that 02 were twitchy about heavy data usuage but I'm not sure how it would pan out with the Pad.

I tried one in Dubai last week and although it's a nice device (yes I am a fanboy) I don't think I need one just yet.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2010, 07:26:05 pm »
They take Micro Sims so you can't put them inside. Well you can but you have to cut the sim down which means it's then useless for the iPhone again. 

Apple ain't daft and they have also blocked tethering to the iPhone.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2010, 07:36:47 pm »
Won't be long before the Chinese will have something sorted for the Sim/Micro sim issue.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Ifti

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2010, 08:07:26 pm »
I have no use for an iPad - doing perfectly fine with my iPhone TBH.
Doesnt surprise me that we get shafted yet again with price! Why are things always more expensive here!!

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2010, 08:20:02 pm »
I have no use for an iPad - doing perfectly fine with my iPhone TBH.
Doesnt surprise me that we get shafted yet again with price! Why are things always more expensive here!!

Dont get me started  :fighting:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2010, 09:45:18 pm »
why buy an Ipad when you can buy a netbook that has all the spec of a pc for less money ?  :stupid:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2010, 09:57:20 pm »
Bulk, Weight, need for other peripherals, screen size, Battery life when watching films, can't store books on that you could read easily

Need I go on :P

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2010, 11:05:35 pm »
Bulk, Weight, need for other peripherals, screen size, Battery life when watching films, can't store books on that you could read easily

Need I go on :P

No USB, built-in camera or mic, video output or HDMI output. Worse you can't use it for office work. I cant plug in a USB stick, printer or a scanner. No video output means I cant use the ipad for presentations. Bluetooth only usable with Apple's accessories like keyboard and a headset and that's it. Ipad Keyboard dock cost about £80-100. Overall £600+ with all the accessories for an oversized iphone.

Traded mine Ipad for a Blackberry 9700 and a HTC Desire.

No hate, I own a Macbook Pro and a iphone myself. I just don't see why people should get one apart from having a fun gadget to play games, read book and watch film. :stupid:. Ipad is not the first tablet pc on the market. People are just getting over excited and overhyped with the product because Apple's marketing is fantastic.

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2010, 11:33:03 pm »
The iPad hasn't been designed to replace a computer more just to compliment it and enable people to be productive on the move.

You can do office work on it as they have iWork for the iPad.

But each to there own I suppose. I think I will get a lot from it and it will be of great benefit/use. That's just for my personal circumstances. As I said earlier if I was UK bound constantly and had all of lifes luxuries to hand then I wouldn't need one as I have 2 MacBook Pro's. However when I go away the only luxuries I have are what I can carry so it makes more sense to me.

We all waste money on stuff we don't really need. It's personal choice at the end of the day and nothing against netbooks but I haven't seen one that is aesthetically pleasing like the iPad, nor has a screen as good as the iPad and they run on windows which I don't want crashing on me 2 monhs into a 6 month tour with no access to Internet to download patches etc. Yes I could take reboot discs etc but that's what I am trying to avoid is carrying bulk stuff. Yes the iPad could fail. But in the 2 years nearly I have been an apple convert I have never had any failures of any of the MBP or iPhone.

As Steve Jobs said. The iPad isn't the first tablet on the Market but it is the best and every review I have read agree. And trust me I have read sh!t loads trying to find someone say something constructively bad.

Peripherals might cost a lot. But apart from a case and a spare charger I Personally won't have any need for the keyboard etc.

Carl

Offline tanbe174

• Taking part
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2010, 12:28:53 am »
Quote: '' You pay what you get''
I don't see that I get  much for £500. I got a blackberry and it can do more stuff than the iPad.
No Camera means I can't use skype even the iPhone got that !!!!! No multitasking, serious it's 2010 !!!! No Flash wtf????

I refuse to call it a tablet simply because it isn't. Overall I think it’s just a bigger version of iPod touch. Apple is clearly relying on its developer community(those who create Apps) to make this tablet successful, however, if the company decides to continue to play God with Adobe and its policies with Developers it might become a victim of its own success.

Augmented Reality (AR) is another victim. No camera on the iPad, no AR. Though you can have AR on the iPhone, why can i have it on the iPad???

Sure, netbooks might not have touchscreens, but you can install whatever software you'd like on them. Want to run a different browser on your iPad? Like Google Chrome? Too bad, you can't.

Like movies? Widescreen movies are a no go on the 4:3 screen.

My advice, wait for the iPad MK 2 that is coming next year.

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2010, 08:13:33 am »
But a netbook uses windows and to be honest I never want to own anything that runs that operating system and you'll find alot of apple owners feel the same!