Make a donation

Author Topic: Wives, Girlfriends & Golfs.....are they compatible?  (Read 22239 times)

Offline bennylenny88

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
  • needs moar lowwww
    • Email
Re: Wives, Girlfriends & Golfs.....are they compatible?
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2009, 02:42:42 am »
this girl i was seeing said my car is worth 5p so i punched her in the leg and said yellow car  :confused:

2 x cerwin vega 15" subs and MTX 1000D amp with box and complete wiring for sale.. PM for details

Offline DavyP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2009, 07:52:24 am »
this girl i was seeing said my car is worth 5p so i punched her in the leg and said yellow car  :confused:
:signLOL:  I've 2 kids and everytime we're out in the car they start this yellow car game, all hell breaks loose, I once took the wife on a long detour just because I knew where a yellow car parked. :ashamed:

The world we live in and life in general.....

Offline DavyP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2009, 07:54:01 am »
Davyp you just have to plan it like a military manoeuvre.
an example of this would be a rather large sum i needed to get the wheels i have wanted for ages.
you must first let her know how much you love them by calling her over and saying "look at these darling what do you think they would look like on our car". AT first you will get this face  :indifferent: so you must show her lots of pictures until she really cant be bothered to walk over and look any more, then she should say yes, they look nice in that picture, just so she can have some piece.
Its at this stage where you must say "if we could afford them would you let me get some" she will smile and say no.  :smiley:
Now the important bit call her over and say look lets just get a price off the net now, i probably wont be able to afford them i know they will be expensive, but just lets have a look. Then just click on any set of Bentley wheels or something ridiculously expensive she wont notice its a different wheel as long as its round   :evilgrin: :chicken: Then as the price comes up you must drop your head and say oh sh!t, thats that over with then.  :sad: :innocent:
you must now over the next few weeks let her catch you looking at the wheels at every opportunity  :rolleye:
it may take a while but at some stage over the next few weeks she will see the longing on your face as you gaze at them, and she will come over and put her hand on your shoulder and say, there just to expensive honey she will turn round with her back to you and smile her little head off, feeling really sad for you and your obsession.  :love:
Now you will be entering another phase were you randomly do stuff for her that you would not normally do,  :sleepy: like leave her with the remote,  :sad: tidy up before she normally makes you do it. A favourite of mine is to look through the holiday snaps on the computer with her and remind her how beautiful she looks next to the sea.  :sick:  :chicken: what ever you do dont make it obvious perhaps leaving her with the remote may set alarm bells ringing.  :signIWS:
your now entering the last couple of phases.  :wink:
After all you extensive hidden research into the cheapest possible price, you have got to hit her with it like a bomb going off and most importantly the word
sale! sale! sale!Look! Look! i have found the wheels for a 1/4 of that usual selling price from a company closing down. I really cant believe it. its at this point you promise her everything that she has ever dreamed of, while pointing out there is only 2 sets left in stock. :jumping: :jumpmove: :scared:
And all your previous weeks of hard work will hopefully pay off.  :laugh:
This should work with almost any mod unless your Jonny C or Hurdy.  :party:   :drinking:

Such was the detail in this post i'm inclined to believe you actually do this TC, made a good read :grin: :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2009, 08:07:36 am »

Heaven forbid that anyone happily married here ever faces a divorce in their future, but if it's acrimonious (and 99% are!), then the legal team representing your about-to-be 'other half' will have a field day! - Very much at your expense!

Personally, I advocate as much openness and honesty in a permanent relationship as humanly possible and as a two-way street.

Sorry to be so realistic!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2009, 09:19:02 am »

Heaven forbid that anyone happily married here ever faces a divorce in their future, but if it's acrimonious (and 99% are!), then the legal team representing your about-to-be 'other half' will have a field day! - Very much at your expense!

Personally, I advocate as much openness and honesty in a permanent relationship as humanly possible and as a two-way street.

Sorry to be so realistic!

great post, well put!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2009, 09:24:56 am »
my wife loves cars as thats why we have a few  :rolleye: and she thinks a uprated clutch and a diff should be the next mod on the car  :rolleye:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline DavyP

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2009, 10:26:51 am »

I may have to take this rant back as its possible the wife is buying me an APR rsc tbe for my birthday next week. :party: :drinking: :jumpmove:

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2009, 10:31:54 am »
haha! good one! thats a turnaround!

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2009, 10:39:45 am »
 :signLOL: nice one

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2009, 11:00:32 am »

Such was the detail in this post i'm inclined to believe you actually do this TC, made a good read :grin: :happy2:

It was only light hearted to be honest, my misses lets me do what i want with the occasional raised eyebrow.  :smiley:
All my problems are justifying it to myself, i am lucky enough to be able to afford most mods i want. I just have to battle with the sensible side of my personality telling me to invest money rather than blow it.  :laugh:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2009, 11:06:49 am »

It was only light hearted to be honest, my misses lets me do what i want with the occasional raised eyebrow.  :smiley:
All my problems are justifying it to myself, i am lucky enough to be able to afford most mods i want. I just have to battle with the sensible side of my personality telling me to invest money rather than blow it.  :laugh:

....It's best to lock Captain Sensible in the garden shed. After a while he'll get fed up of screaming :jumping: :mad:

:happy2:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2009, 11:07:38 am »
I have got my dad and my misses to contend with!! I still live at home and my dad constantly is on at me about modding cars and how much money I have wasted over the years. It does my tits in...it is my only vice so why the hell not!? Cars are a great passion of mine and for some reson he can't seem to understand it. He used to drive Porsche's, Jag's etc. when he was young so he aint got a leg to stand on really. In future I am going to get my goodies sent to another address. Hint hint.....Jay, haha!

And then theres the misses. What you spending money and that for? Do you really need that? What about saving up for our holiday? What about saving up for a house deposit? and so on! I am only 20..I can't imagine what it is gonna be like in future years  :sad:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2009, 11:13:13 am »
I have got my dad and my misses to contend with!! I still live at home and my dad constantly is on at me about modding cars and how much money I have wasted over the years. It does my tits in...it is my only vice so why the hell not!? Cars are a great passion of mine and for some reson he can't seem to understand it. He used to drive Porsche's, Jag's etc. when he was young so he aint got a leg to stand on really. In future I am going to get my goodies sent to another address. Hint hint.....Jay, haha!

And then theres the misses. What you spending money and that for? Do you really need that? What about saving up for our holiday? What about saving up for a house deposit? and so on! I am only 20..I can't imagine what it is gonna be like in future years  :sad:

Its pretty easy to see what you will end up like Tom if you keep spending on cars.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18:07 am »

Its pretty easy to see what you will end up like Tom if you keep spending on cars.

....Ooooo!! I think I prefer to interpret that as a hot blonde who wants a pic of me up on her wall cos she loves me so much! :laugh:

:happy2:

Offline T88OMM

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2009, 11:18:16 am »
 :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :grin: :grin: :grin: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL: :signLOL:

Quality TC
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic