Make a donation

Author Topic: Can gateway!!  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Neimad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
Re: Can gateway!!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 02:10:07 pm »
Is it the updated CAN or a different module that lets you access the cornering fog lights option? which is missing from my 05 reg

You'd need a new CECM (Central Electronics Convenience Module) for that, see the linked article

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 02:13:37 pm »
Is it the updated CAN or a different module that lets you access the cornering fog lights option? which is missing from my 05 reg

You'd need a new CECM (Central Electronics Convenience Module) for that, see the linked article

Good knowledge mate  :happy2:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Neimad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 02:16:33 pm »
Not 100% sure Danish but I think the MK6 uses a different protocol (BAP) so not sure if the MK6 can gateway would be the way to go! might be different system for the steering controls but certainly the climate, and highline (white screen) are all BAP protocol and so different than the MK5.

On mine I had to disable usage of the "BAP protocol" on the RNS-510 for the navigation and stereo instructions to work on the DIS -- it's not unreasonable to expect the MFSW buttons would be similarly affected.

Also, a newer gateway would stop your battery being flattened due to the RNS-510 not powering down correctly, which is only a problem on the later units/firmware versions.

Offline Neimad

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 02:19:21 pm »

Good knowledge mate  :happy2:

Nah, just been wasting far too much time (not to mention money) recently looking at this and other GTI-related websites (there are others I hear you say!?! :wink:)...

Offline mortygttdi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 146
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 03:03:53 pm »
Jake as per posting above the mk6 uses a different system that utilises the new intergrated comfort and central electrics board...The BAP system is nothing to do with the car, that system is the new security system used in the new style mk6 clusters which is why the RNS510 has to be set up for it.

The Can Gateway will not give any new features but it will give you options to retro fit new features to the car, i.e MDI, 

No mfsw options unfortunately Jake you would need to go back to the early GTI/R32 wheel and old button set with the 2 phone buttons.

As per post above new central electrics board for the cornering lights and emergency stop function

Darren :happy2: