• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: RS4
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2010, 07:34:59 am »
^^^^
I'm sure you younger bucks already realise that the reason your insurance premiums are so high (assuming you can get insured at all!) is due to those idiots who are so stupid and irresponsible in their driving. The sheer quantity of insurance claims from such people results in high premiums - The insurance risks cannot be ignored by the market.

Those who are focussed and responsible in their driving, unfortunately pay the price - That's probably most of you.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2010, 09:33:29 am »
Pov - Inters is on the 26th & 27th June and most of the boys will be there, in cluding even me AND my car :jumpmove: :grin:  :jumping:
You need to get yourself up the M1 and attend mate. Great day/weekend (most off on Sunday) and 0-60mph and 1/4mile action to boot. Be good to put this Cupra off yours on the strip and also meet the Cockney Racer..  :laugh: :grin:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2010, 12:30:22 pm »
will come down on the sunday, only ever took her down the strip when she was stock, kept meaning on going this year but the powers from above have been stopping me and the cupra from going  :fighting:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2010, 12:37:38 pm »
Good lad  :happy2: Be good to put a face to a name/car  :wink: It's a cracking day mate whether you run or not and some quick motors too..  :drool:
Oh and if you fancy a run up the strip let me know  :wink:

http://www.gtiinternational.co.uk/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:40:52 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2010, 12:45:30 pm »
Good lad  :happy2: Be good to put a face to a name/car  :wink: It's a cracking day mate whether you run or not and some quick motors too..  :drool:

Will deffo fancy a run down the strip, would be nice to know how much a difference the stage 2 plus has made since I went there the first time before I fully strip her and start over again  :happy2:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2010, 12:51:03 pm »

Will deffo fancy a run down the strip, would be nice to know how much a difference the stage 2 plus has made since I went there the first time before I fully strip her and start over again  :happy2:

Stripping's cheating..  :grin: I would lob the back seats out of mine again, but it looks like it's an stilts as it's on OEM springs..  :sad1:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2010, 06:02:26 pm »
lol i meant stripping the mods off and selling them  :signLOL:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2010, 10:16:53 pm »
vtec abuser, u lincoln way?

-poverty keep the mods on for the strip! would be mint, im heading down on the sunday with a couple of other cars. To be honest id like to see both cars down the strip!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2010, 10:24:19 am »
Yes mate, live in Lincoln itself. Will be heading down Sunday morning with my mate in his Stage 2+ S3. More than welcome to convoy down with us.  :happy2:
Where about in Lincs are you?

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2010, 07:51:10 pm »
Im glad this thread is up! I was going to get a bike in the next few months and save for a car for the end of 2011 and run some £1k crap box.

Now i have decided to just finance a car and its either S3 or RS4 avant! Im swaying towards the S3 in all honesty though. A map makes it as quick as the RS4 but it comes with lower running costs.  The noise is pushing me toward the RS4 though, which was a major factor in the R32 purchase. Theres also the fact everyone on R32oc trades up to and RS4 as its a bigger faster R32 basically.

Im still undecided though! I have around 25-30k to spend but the if i go for the S3 i would spend £20k and have more to use for other interests including mods for the S3

Which ever i choose will be my car for the next 5 years so it needs to be a good choice  :scared:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2010, 07:57:10 am »
Sounds to me mate like you've already answered your own question. Yeah the RS4 can be picked up for the money you are looking at spending (early example), but just think of the running costs for the next 5 years...  :scared:
Ian (Candy Turbo) priced one up with regards running, servicing, insurance etc and it was considerably more to run in all areas than his S3.
Stage 2+ S3 FTW I say..  :pomppomp:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:28:35 am by Vtec Abuser »

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2010, 08:07:47 am »
^^^^
You're looking at under 20 mpg when you're out enjoying yourself in a RS4/S4.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2010, 08:21:51 am »
Sounds to me mate like you've already answered your own question. Yeah the RS4 can be picked up for the money you are looking at spending (early example), but just think of the running costs for the next 5 years...  :scared:
Ian (Candy Turbo) priced one up with regards running, servicing insurance etc and it was considerably more to run in all areas than his S3.
Stage 2+ S3 FTW I say..  :pomppomp:
yes i love the rs4 but you will notice that most have had quite a few owners i think this is down to running costs , mention rs4 in audi dealers and £££££ just appear in there eyes
robin , 20 mpg is good if your "enjoying " the drive 10 is more realistic !

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2010, 08:31:10 am »

robin , 20 mpg is good if your "enjoying " the drive 10 is more realistic !

....Yep, I said under 20 mpg. A friend with a S4 V8 gets about 12 mpg when enjoying it but the mpg will of course vary.

Either way, the point is that the S4/RS4's drink large quantities of petrol.

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2010, 11:17:06 am »
Yes mate, live in Lincoln itself. Will be heading down Sunday morning with my mate in his Stage 2+ S3. More than welcome to convoy down with us.  :happy2:
Where about in Lincs are you?

navenby fella! Yeah me and a couple of others are heading down i think its gona be me in the GTI and my boss in his mk6 GTI cal tdi on here might be takin his down too but its all abit unconfirmed at the moment lol

but yeah awesome....convoy! :happy2: but i will be abit in awe of the s3 lol  :notworthy: