Author Topic: RS4  (Read 17850 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Re: RS4
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2010, 09:06:35 pm »
Yeah it doesnt take alot to get big power, and its fookin addictive too.

You will soon find that running the car can cost as much as buying the car, 450 a month on v power I spend on average, the joys of stage 2 plus and 14mpg. Worth every penny though, especially when you see the look on those RS4 drivers faces  :grin:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2010, 09:09:11 pm »
have you a build link? stage 2+? i like this too!! haha 14mpg!!!!!  :surprised: :scared: :surprised: lambo figures...gulp!

but worth it i agree. very much worth it...haha forget rs4's. I like playing with vectras!

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2010, 09:21:39 pm »
im WOT 90% of the time though bud, would be in its 20's otherwise.

Heres a build thread, bits n bobs missing though and its come to a abrupt end really, blame it on the future audi.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250222

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2010, 09:41:05 pm »
love it! little RS story was sweet too haha very detailed build. I like this alot. You running a REVO remap?

what audi you going for mate?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »
love it! little RS story was sweet too haha very detailed build. I like this alot. You running a REVO remap?

what audi you going for mate?

yeah running revo.

TTRS is what im after next bud

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2010, 09:56:04 pm »
ooooh i have mixed opinions on the TTRS...il throw my opinion to you see what you think

I cant justify the price! i saw one in my local audi garage at 45k a TTS is around 33k granted only 265bhp but that means your paying 12k for 60bhp...surely you cud get a 100bhp extra out of a TTS for 12k? Id be looking at low mileage a year old motors!

But if ur hearts set dont get the fixed spoiler! i think it is a spoiler of the looks!  :signLOL: < see what i did there ha

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2010, 10:26:14 pm »
ooooh i have mixed opinions on the TTRS...il throw my opinion to you see what you think

I cant justify the price! i saw one in my local audi garage at 45k a TTS is around 33k granted only 265bhp but that means your paying 12k for 60bhp...surely you cud get a 100bhp extra out of a TTS for 12k? Id be looking at low mileage a year old motors!

But if ur hearts set dont get the fixed spoiler! i think it is a spoiler of the looks!  :signLOL: < see what i did there ha

lol, I think the TTS is a more beautiful car than the TTRS in stock form, but once im done with it and its stanced etc the TTRS will look the nuts.

Couldnt buy a TTS anyway as its the same engine as my cupra, so no quicker. TTRS will be doing around 490hp on the hybridised stock turbo which is why I want one, oh and for the sound.

They are expensive though, but Im finally not considered a qualified "apprentice" but a qualified and experienced engineer so on a better wage now and I think a TTRS will be a nice treat. Gonna be fun modding her.

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2010, 10:27:30 pm »

When I got my first car and I was telling old people how much insurance was they all thought I was either a liar or just not searching hard enough which used to annoy the hell out of me. 17 year olds on their own insurance are nearly uninsurable. Unless you have a pair of tits ofcourse.

....Always best to be optimistic, which you obviously are!  :drinking:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2010, 10:32:36 pm »
I look forward to seeing this develop! where abouts you based?

I agree, its good to treat urself. 490bhp? theres not much thats gona keep up with you chap! Can u not opt for the active spoiler of the TTS.

Yeah i suppose if your gona shell out you want to go for a bigger engine. Fair play. You cast your eyes over the awesome RR day results? Few TTRS's to wet your apetite!  :happy2:

Haha!! Red wades in with the funnies!  :grin:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:42 pm »
I look forward to seeing this develop! where abouts you based?

I agree, its good to treat urself. 490bhp? theres not much thats gona keep up with you chap! Can u not opt for the active spoiler of the TTS.

Yeah i suppose if your gona shell out you want to go for a bigger engine. Fair play. You cast your eyes over the awesome RR day results? Few TTRS's to wet your apetite!  :happy2:

Haha!! Red wades in with the funnies!  :grin:

Im from south east london mate how about yourself?

You can opt for a active spoiler, but looking on the TT forums they can sometimes become troublesome so I will stick with a static one.

Yeah have been keeping a eye on how jamie and jonnyc are getting on with their TTRS, they have both come from basically the car I have got now and they cannot say enough good things about the RS even without a map so it must be good.

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2010, 10:46:01 pm »
what do revo quote on them?

hmm I can appreciate that, the more moving parts the more to go wrong i guess!

Im East Mids - Lincolnshire.

Whens the TTRS due on your driveway then?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2010, 10:56:03 pm »
what do revo quote on them?

hmm I can appreciate that, the more moving parts the more to go wrong i guess!

Im East Mids - Lincolnshire.

Whens the TTRS due on your driveway then?

Revo are still developing the stage 1 map, going by competitors figures I would presume 410 to 415hp stage 1, maybe even 420hp at a push.

Im hoping to get it after I come back from holiday so late august or mid september time, want a white one or maybe a metallic grey

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2010, 11:02:29 pm »
thats sweet! ooh holiday and an RS! haha definately euro millions  :P

410-420bhp would be pelvis pushing! Would you not consider a GTR? considering the video you posted?

You taking your cupra to Inters?

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2010, 11:47:40 pm »
whens inters? Everyones talking about it!

Would love a GTR but heard too many horror stories about them and you really do need deep pockets to run one of those. Also old men struggle to insure them at times so I have no chances  :signLOL:

Nasir

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2010, 12:10:59 am »
I'd love a sub 1K figure, I pay 1400 for a 1.4 Golf at 19!! They just give my brother silly quotes which no one in their right mind would take (7k+) if they even give a quote. That's around an OK postcode uswel.