Make a donation

Author Topic: Wheel refurb  (Read 2317 times)

Offline Toptrump

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
Wheel refurb
« on: January 15, 2009, 09:04:00 am »
Oh dear a great start to the new year.

Does anybody know a decent wheel refurbed near/in and around South Cheshire?  Tuesday night a bus decided to repaint my rear offside quarter panel and rear bumper together with the rear wheel.  Not really sure the Blue quite goes with my Silver. :( Gutted!

At least the rear parking sensor was working this morning. LOL!
Walk softly and carry a big gun!

Offline JPC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
Re: Wheel refurb
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 09:11:20 am »
ouch, sorry to hear that matey!

Offline evvo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
    • Moshi Monsters Cheat Codes
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 02:29:49 pm »
If its going through the Bus company insurance get a new wheel out of them mate
Completly standard 1977 Miami Blue MK1 Polo N 27500 miles one owner from new!

Offline Toptrump

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 01:23:24 pm »
Well I finally got a call back from the bus company who said that they had a bus with some paint missing and a few bits of Silver on it.  Yes that will be the back of my car cheers! :)

That is good news as they gave me their insurance details and somebody to ring at their head office.

So been out to a body shop I have used in the past and got a quote of around £500 for the damage.  Then nipped over to VW in Crewe to see if they would do me a quote.  Can't help getting one from the dealer themselves.  On the way I saw three R32's all looking lovely then there is a shiny Blue one 08 on the forecourt!  (stop just making me jealous)  Just not fair.  :grin:  And then the lady at the VW repair center tells me I can use their accident service which will give me a hire car and they always try and get a higher spec so for me a R32...are people trying to tell me something today or what?  :smiley:  Anyway their quote was around £900!

Not sure which one to fax over now, a week's worth of R32 fun as a hire care or hopefully not bother with insurance companies and get it done quick smart.  Will have to think about it over the weekend.

Offline tony_danza

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 01:28:58 pm »
What an absolute result them coughing to it!

I'd get it done at VW regardless, always looks better in the potential new owner's eyes seeing a dealer repair rather than some random bodyshop. Get what you can out of them too, as like it or not, your car is now devalued because it's had paint.
Sideways yo!

Offline neg

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 7
  • gone old skool
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 11:19:01 pm »
VW paint shops arent always the best, last time I used a VAG/Ferrari/Aston approved paint shop and they did a spot on job, previous to that (different car) the local VW did some work and I was really dissapointed - almost to the point like it felt like they did half a job - both jobs being covered by 3rd party so no like I asked the to scrimp on it.

Check around your area for local bodyshops, make sure they dont effect the manufacturers guarantee.

Might be local to you might not... http://www.chartwells.net/

Offline Toptrump

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 09:46:25 am »
Well after one thing or another and I still feel like I am going around in circles.  I am getting my car collected on Monday, which is good as on Wednesday I was told that I was not going to get my damaged paid for.  :confused:

But the accident repair company are dropping off a Golf GTI DSG on Monday so mine can be repaired, so finally a bit of good news this year it seems.  :smiley:  Not driven a DSG before should be enjoyable.