Make a donation

Author Topic: Audi retro-quattro 1060kg 500ps I5 turbo  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Poverty

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
Audi retro-quattro 1060kg 500ps I5 turbo
« on: May 11, 2010, 07:41:30 pm »
Rumour

Audi is working on a retroquattro. In september 2010, its coming. Its a modern version of the old Urquattro that will be build with Audis new lightweight technique. The cars weight is 1.060 kg!!! and it pumps out 500 horses from its 2.5l turbo engine - this time mounted longitudinal, like good old times. Its also gonna be build in 333 cars (just as the R8 GT)

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
Re: Audi retro-quattro 1060kg 500ps I5 turbo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 08:32:09 pm »
Rumour

Audi is working on a retroquattro. In september 2010, its coming. Its a modern version of the old Urquattro that will be build with Audis new lightweight technique. The cars weight is 1.060 kg!!! and it pumps out 500 horses from its 2.5l turbo engine - this time mounted longitudinal, like good old times. Its also gonna be build in 333 cars (just as the R8 GT)

In what chassis??

Sounds very interesting indeed!! I love cars like this.. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 100k though..
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 08:41:55 pm »
Rumour

In what chassis??

Sounds very interesting indeed!! I love cars like this.. Wouldn't surprise me if it was 100k though..

In A5 shape, also rumours of there being a TTRS GT with no rear seats and a bit more power.

Price will most likely be 100k or so for a retro quattro, as its gonna be technology showcase. Wish a car like that was in reach of true enthusiasts with smaller pockets though  :sad1:

Some journos drove a standard a5 and then a prototype lightweight a5 with a smaller and less powerful engine and found it was the quicker and more agile car as expected obviously, so these rumours could very well be true.

Offline jonnyc

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 15
  • Herrooooo!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 08:45:12 pm »

In A5 shape, also rumours of there being a TTRS GT with no rear seats and a bit more power.

Price will most likely be 100k or so for a retro quattro, as its gonna be technology showcase. Wish a car like that was in reach of true enthusiasts with smaller pockets though  :sad1:

Some journos drove a standard a5 and then a prototype lightweight a5 with a smaller and less powerful engine and found it was the quicker and more agile car as expected obviously, so these rumours could very well be true.

Ahhh ok, I have seen renderings of that thing.. God knows how they will get it to that weight!! Carbon bodied like the original most probably.. It will be AMAZING if they do it to that level..

Yeah TTRS GT would be cool too.. But again, £65k? If not more.. Ill try beat them to it with mine then claim they copied..  :happy2:
APR Stage III TT-RS - 11.37 1/4 mile - 2.82 0-60 MPH

Build thread http://www.vagoc.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=3128

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 09:03:23 pm »

Ahhh ok, I have seen renderings of that thing.. God knows how they will get it to that weight!! Carbon bodied like the original most probably.. It will be AMAZING if they do it to that level..

Yeah TTRS GT would be cool too.. But again, £65k? If not more.. Ill try beat them to it with mine then claim they copied..  :happy2:
It really would be amazing, to commemorate the 30th anni of the ur quattro.

TTRS GT is pointless imo, people like me and you can do it better ourselves imo