Make a donation

Author Topic: Drivers side engine mount problem :(  (Read 1408 times)

Offline Guv

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
Drivers side engine mount problem :(
« on: May 11, 2010, 08:29:41 pm »
Well today ive had some trouble pulled off from a set off lights and my engine mount on the drivers side has gone . the rear bolt where is screws into the block its broken that part of the block which has caused the bolt at the front to sheared off in the block :( only bolt left holding engine up is the one at the bottom  so its an engine out job i cant bloody beleave it . im now stuck with the fact i can no only bolt 2 bolts on the blok to hold it . can you get stronger bolts ? also where is a good place to look for uprated engine mount stuff as im going to have to order tonight ot tomorrow.

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Drivers side engine mount problem :(
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 11:06:30 pm »
You must have been born unlucky.  :sad1:

for uprated ones BSH do them, and also VWR. Take a look in the product review section there are reviews on both.  :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
Re: Drivers side engine mount problem :(
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:32:51 pm »
that must have been some 'take off' !

Id be checking ALL 3 mounts (2 side, one lower), as I suspect at least one other is broken or loose.
Unusual to break the fixing so all the force must be going through that rather than distributed across the other mounts.

OE mounts should easily hold the engine even if abused (they do get flappy though), so this is odd.

as TC sasys consider uprated mounts but beware the NVH levels increase  :happy2:

Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD