Make a donation

Author Topic: Hallefcukinlulljah  (Read 7098 times)

Offline Gti Jal

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 4
Re: Hallefcukinlulljah
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 07:21:01 pm »
I say he did relatively well because despite having no manufacturing or industrial base, and a monumental debt, and crazy property boom that crashed, somehow the UK still managed to claw its way out of the recession, and avoid a Greece/Ireland/Spain type situation. Those countries are fooked.

I agree that an element of pumping money into the economy was a good idea to limit suffering. I stongly will advise that we are not out of the weeds. The UK is the last major economy to emerge from recession, significantly behind countries such as Germany who have significantly stronger recoveries than we do. Just before the election "Lord Mandybum of every title in the world" called the prospect of a double dip recession, this is because you cant spend your way out of a recession, it is investment that drives trade, growth and jobs. For so long Brown failed to get the banks lending at that cost us. Brown world of uncertainty has not helped, we are out of money and the future is uncertain.

Whatever happens the new government are going to do stuff but will moreso be a victim of circumstance.