Make a donation

Author Topic: DSG or not DSG  (Read 7873 times)

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: DSG or not DSG
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 04:54:22 pm »
You are wrong Rich.

I've spoken to Steve at Statllers and you will need a new loom. Also the MFD will need changing to a DSG version. The Wheel will obviously need altering if you want paddle control (could use an FR Leon version), plus several other mods that you don't think of, like changing the bulkhead from a 3 pedal to 2 pedal arrangement etc.
Golf R gone.

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 04:56:47 pm »
You are wrong Rich.

I've spoken to Steve at Statllers and you will need a new loom. Also the MFD will need changing to a DSG version. The Wheel will obviously need altering if you want paddle control (could use an FR Leon version), plus several other mods that you don't think of, like changing the bulkhead from a 3 pedal to 2 pedal arrangement etc.

This happens alot Hurdy  :ashamed: wrongly assumed that they would be the same to keep things standard, and so cheap to have a single part.  :notworthy:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2010, 05:02:51 pm »

Yep, all noted.  I was on the phone to Steve when you pulled in at Statlers John.  Checking on the hybridisation?  :party:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2010, 05:07:52 pm »

Yep, all noted.  I was on the phone to Steve when you pulled in at Statlers John.  Checking on the hybridisation?  :party:

Oh definitely looking into the Hybrid K04 now. Statllers are going to be doing a policy of fitting on exchange, so they will always have 1 made up hybrid K04 in stock to put on a customer car. Turned up there today as Steve got me a group buy deal on the R1R's :driver:

I asked him about the DSG and he'd literally just finished his conversation with you :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2010, 05:10:48 pm »

Oh definitely looking into the Hybrid K04 now. Statllers are going to be doing a policy of fitting on exchange, so they will always have 1 made up hybrid K04 in stock to put on a customer car. Turned up there today as Steve got me a group buy deal on the R1R's :driver:

I asked him about the DSG and he'd literally just finished his conversation with you :laugh:

Does the exchange basis bring the cost down at all?  :party:

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2010, 06:06:22 pm »
just means a quicker service id bet. rather than having to leave your car there for a few days whilst the turbo gets sent a away.  more people would be interested in the conversion if its a quick job

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2010, 06:46:58 pm »

Think Im going to test drive a Dsg car and if i likee it will be the big mod with savings after next op tour. Was going to be a carbon frenzy but I'll have 6months in the sand pit to decide  :party:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Is it really worth all that ££ and effort for DSG?
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2010, 07:01:12 pm »

Think Im going to test drive a Dsg car and if i likee it will be the big mod with savings after next op tour. Was going to be a carbon frenzy but I'll have 6months in the sand pit to decide  :party:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Is it really worth all that ££ and effort for DSG?

Im going to drive a couple of Dsg Cars at the weekend, its apealing but im starting to think perhaps not...

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2010, 07:08:00 pm »
if i were in the market for a new car or even a second hand car id 100% try to get one with DSG. however the conversion wouldnt really be cost effective.  dont forget you could always strip the parts off your mike, flog it and order another cupra tax free when you get back to the father land.  Plus the newer ones are coming with DSG and that XDS diff now arnt they??

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2010, 07:13:08 pm »
if i were in the market for a new car or even a second hand car id 100% try to get one with DSG. however the conversion wouldnt really be cost effective.  dont forget you could always strip the parts off your mike, flog it and order another cupra tax free when you get back to the father land.  Plus the newer ones are coming with DSG and that XDS diff now arnt they??

Dont give me ideas...  (plus ive sold the suspension, wheels & anti roll bars like a nob)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2010, 07:14:21 pm »
come again????? you have sold your suspension etc

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • Go Large or Go Home
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2010, 07:17:39 pm »
come again????? you have sold your suspension etc

Space was an issue  :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: 

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2010, 08:40:11 pm »
ah you mean you have sold the standard suspension. i thought you had decided to swap the KWs :scared: .. just me being thick :laugh:

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2010, 06:36:49 pm »
Do Audi do a 7 speed transverse DSG that can handle some decent power?  That would be an interesting car if you were doing the change.
The Audi 7 speed DSG is indeed a handy tool - I think it can handle 600Nm!  But if you want one, you'll have to turn you engine 90 degrees under the bonnet - because the Audi box is for longitudinal fitments, not transverse like our Golfs and Golf relatives.  :booty:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2010, 06:39:13 pm »
You are wrong Rich.

Bulkheads are identical.  It is just a bolt-in pedal box which is different.
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~