Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Golf TDi enhancemant detail  (Read 2252 times)

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
Mk5 Golf TDi enhancemant detail
« on: May 12, 2010, 10:57:43 pm »
Was asked to carry out an enhancement detail on this Mk5 as it had recently has a repair done the the passengers side of the car, which made the other parts of the car look terrible in sunlight etc....

So the car was dropped off at my unit like this.......

Started off in the usual way with the wheels and arches up first, wheels with bilberry 4:1 with various brushes, tyres with Mega APC and with the arches along with Megs De-greaser. Next up was a good power rinse with the Karcher then an APC snowfoam mix, while it was left to dwel i went around the window seals and badges etc with a swissvax brush.

The Snowfoam was then power rinsed off and the car was washed 2BM with the chemical guys buckets, grit gaurds, sonus mitt and Megs shampoo plus.

No pictures during this stage as it was raining.............. just for a wee change!!!

The car was then de-tared with AS tardis, there was a serious build up!! The car was then clayed with CYC yellow clay and Megs last touch as a lubricant.

after the drivers wings

after the top hlf of the drivers dorr.

The car was then taken inside and dried with ultra plush drying towels and taped up ready for correction...

a few pics

quite heavily swirled as you can see and a fair few RDS.

I used the rotary with a 3M yellow pad with megs #205 with two hits which left this, bearing in mind this is only an enhancement detail and not a full on correction, the areas that had recieved fairly fresh paint were given one pass with Menz final finish on a lake country finishing pad,

The car was then given a lime prime lite by DA on a Sound sf-3 finishing pad, then fininshed off wuth megs #16 and final wipe down with Zaino z-8.

Glass was done with AG fast glass, trim with CG new look trim gel as was the tyres.

The finished results

just a quick write up as not many pictures were taken  :ashamed:

Thanks for looking, all comments welcome

PM for details

Nasir

Re: Mk5 Golf TDi enhancemant detail
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 12:02:26 am »
Looks good :happy2:

Offline VC

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:09:20 am »
not so much of a detail more of a rescue service  :surprised:

was the car previously washed with a scouring pad?!?

nicely done though dude  :congrats:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 10:27:10 am »
it was in a pretty bad way, but there is much worse out there. Thats what bad washing techniques and automatic car washes do to your paintwork. Not to mention thos "hand car wash" road side monkeys that use the same gritty sponge  :fighting: a sponge  :fighting: :fighting: and bucket with manky water from the previous day to was your pride and joy!

is that classed as a rant  :laugh: :laugh: :grin: :mad:

PM for details

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 10:33:24 am »
the mother in law simply rolled her eyes at me this week when i told her not to wash her new £40k Audi Q5 with her trusty ancient sponge  :chicken:

obviously she knows better, that navy blue metallic paint will be clean in no time  :scared:

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 10:35:49 am »
the mother in law simply rolled her eyes at me this week when i told her not to wash her new £40k Audi Q5 with her trusty ancient sponge  :chicken:

obviously she knows better, that navy blue metallic paint will be clean in no time  :scared:

its sometimes pretty hard to convert people from there set ways. I've manage a few so far. more often than not once i've corrected and detailed a car for someone and shown them pictures such as 50/50's of correction etc they seem to understand the damage they can inflict.  :scared:

PM for details

Offline VC

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 10:38:40 am »
ive got a spare lambs wool mit and some stuff i offered to her, she just looked at me funny and gave me the whole "ive used washing up liquid and a sponge for years and its just fine without all this other nonsense"

some people you wont convert, my mum though recently bought a black civic, she's converted after i had a chat.

the difference between mum and mum in law i guess

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 10:41:27 am »

Top work  :happy2: I love megs 205.

Have a friend with a new navy Q7 his washing technique involves a broom  :stupid: Won't listen!
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 03:55:02 pm »

Top work  :happy2: I love megs 205.

Have a friend with a new navy Q7 his washing technique involves a broom  :stupid: Won't listen!

:scared:  :sick:  :stupid:

PM for details