Make a donation

Author Topic: Thinking of bailing out on my ED30!!!!  (Read 40856 times)

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
Re: Thinking of bailing out on my ED30!!!!
« Reply #195 on: May 13, 2010, 05:28:40 pm »
My thinking is that hurdy isn't purely into 1/4 miles drags, he does track days as well, so that rules out the S4 RS4 in my mind. 
You must have been reading too many rice mags.  The B6/B7 S4, and B7 RS4 - when used in anger on a track will leave evos and scoobs standing . . . .
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #196 on: May 13, 2010, 06:02:48 pm »
My thinking is that hurdy isn't purely into 1/4 miles drags, he does track days as well, so that rules out the S4 RS4 in my mind. 
You must have been reading too many rice mags.  The B6/B7 S4, and B7 RS4 - when used in anger on a track will leave evos and scoobs standing . . . .

stock vs stock this is true. Rs4 did the ring in 7 mins 58 afterall

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #197 on: May 13, 2010, 06:16:01 pm »

I dont doubt that the big engined quattro audis are fast as fook and quick on track, i absolutely love them, but if i wanted a car to take on track and the 1/4 mile it still wouldnt be a big audi. Scoobys and evos would be much more involving and fun, as your not throwing a big heavy car around. 

queue the abuse for saying that :grin:

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2010, 07:49:49 pm »
Sport Auto's official Ring lap results:

B7 S4 8:29

WRX STI 8:10
Evo IX 8:11

Just goes to show you how driver's balls can make a lot of difference. Very underrated car the B7 S4, very stealth too... but you can't beat physics and the lighter jap-crap will, in the hands of the same driver, pretty much beat it.

As a track tool out of the box, lighter on consumables and arguable better set up for session longevity in terms of brakes etc. than the Audi too.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 08:07:47 pm by tony_danza »
Sideways yo!