Make a donation

Author Topic: No Golf Clubs  (Read 1972 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
No Golf Clubs
« on: May 15, 2010, 08:11:26 am »
Realised that I dont have a thread...so I think I should start one now particularly since I have a few things that I would like to do on my car just now.

1. Centre console round the mfd2 was painted silver by a previous owner. It is tatty and needs replaced. Does anyone think it possible to strip the paint off it successfully? I guess it will prolly never be right, I reckon its a complete new surround and upper vents bit. I will post pics later.

2. I want to get myself some new side skirts, I have ABT sides on just now and want to return to stock.

3. I want to take off my milltek quads and replace with either a standard oem zorst or milly twin. This will also mean replacing the rear valance... as you can imagine the costs start to mount up here.

4. Love to get her fully detailed for the summer.

5. Some Eibach springs to tighten up the cornering and lower her a little.

6. Some wheel spacers perhaps, 10mm to enhance the stance.

All cosmetic really but I cant really afford to change her just now (i would love an ed30) so really would like to get her the way I want. I've got a bonus coming next month so may just take the plunge....(fingers crossed).

I will post some pics when possible to show how she is now, then through the various stages of her improvement. All comments and words of encouragement and criticsm gratefully received.

Offline Mark_eire

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 1
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • Email
Re: No Golf Clubs
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 06:03:05 pm »
About time you put it up here George! lol
The cost of changing it back to oem wouldn't be that much imo,
I got a new GTI lower rear valance for my wife's '07 TSI a few months ago as I had it fitted with a gti twin exhaust, the oem GTI valance was only €75 here in Ireland so it's probably only 50 quid or so over there, you could always get a 2nd hand low mileage oem exhaust system from someone here who's upgraded to a milltek until you can afford a milltek yourself.
The sideskirts are relatively cheap too afaik. On the other side of the coin you'll always get a buyer for your quad milly and ABT valance and skirts so could be cost negative!
Get some pics up fella,
Mark
2010 Audi A6 Avant S-Line
2007 VW Golf GTI

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 04:09:10 pm »
Ok I know I havent got these pictures up yet...Hopefully this thread will provide some motivation to get the above sorted.

I will this weekend...she's getting a right good seeing to tomorrow after I take my wife out to look at some new cars.....

I have considered a host of new cars myself recently, but nothing really comes close.

Sure I would like something less thirsty...sure I would like something newer ....but for the life of me I cant think of anything that I would want...

I look at A3's and yawn, i keep coming to the S3...the costs are silly.

I look at ed30's..I WANT ONE...but then I think....performance upgrade but apart from that...I am still shelling out scary money to the government.

I have always wanted a 911, a 996 would be great, but their engines are blowing up all over the country,....that would be ruinous and my running costs would increase.

So perhaps what I do is just do my gorgeous car up the way I want it, and cycle into work...kind of kills 2 stones with one bird so to speak. I save money and get fit and KEEP my car and avoid giving a stealer any money.

So its back to plan A....

Offline Greeners

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 04:09:59 pm »
 :worthless:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 05:01:59 pm »
AS greenouse said pics please, and check out the for sale section, I believe there are OEM side skirts and OEM zorst in there somewhere, think there might also be a centre vent panel, then you just need to bodge it all on the car and sell your stuff ;-)

And reckon your right on sprucing yours up rather than getting a new car, a remap will give you standard ED30 power, and a faster spooling turbo  :happy2: And if you want the look just get your car down a body shop, as you could get the rear valence for similar money to a standard GTI rear and spray it!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline big al

• Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 93
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 10:52:02 pm »
Ok I know I havent got these pictures up yet...Hopefully this thread will provide some motivation to get the above sorted.

I will this weekend...she's getting a right good seeing to tomorrow after I take my wife out to look at some new cars.....

The car or the wife???  :confused:

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 05:55:28 am »
^^^^ both  :evilgrin:

pics to follow.... Have to take the missus out to look for her new car first (omg), wants something sexier than her Honda Jazz (lol) wouldn't be difficult eh.... I think her order of preference is

1. New mini, not jcw  :sad1:
2. BMW 1, not coupe or 135  :sad1:
3. Honda civic (new shape)   :stupid:

She has an almost unbelievable deal on the table for a new lexis I220d se and wants to go look at that today.

Whilst out looking with her I was nearly tempted by a 1 coupe but thought better of it. Nice yet unconvincing somehow, also I'd be shelling out more money and seeing no real mpg benefit.

I do have that new car itch though... there's no real logic behind it other than I want an ed30....I'm working out whether that's for cosmetic reasons or performance.... If the former then as I have pescaras already I could just whap the body kit on and a new zorst ...

Ramblings I know, but by going public I may motivate or shame myself into taking action.

Watch this space. 

Saint Steve

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 07:34:36 am »
Fiat Panda 100bhp sport FTMFW :pomppomp:.

I so want one!!