Make a donation

Author Topic: Recent Purchases Picture Thread!!  (Read 1160816 times)

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 47
Re: Recent Purchases Picture Thread!!
« Reply #4635 on: February 26, 2013, 01:45:11 pm »
we had a hotpoint, which was a dadged up bosch, but the seimens is far better finished off, quieter and the 30min cycle works ok on everyday plates & stuff.
GT TDI sport 140 08plate,RCD510 DAB, leather armrest, euro cup holder

Offline garrardrj

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 76
  • -Receive: 42
  • EX 2007 Golf Edition 30 owner in Suffolk
    • Email
« Reply #4636 on: February 26, 2013, 01:56:40 pm »
old dishwasher packed in after 7 years
bought a top of the range LG, 4 engineers within 3 months = appliance swapped
FOR
top of the range hotpoint, 5 engineers within 2 months, handle kept sticking open, again & again & again, = refunded
BOUGHT
top of the range Siemens with free 5 year full warranty, 0 engineers & a year old now,
cost a fair bit but is a lot better quality ( bought it for the internal blue led lights lol ) ohh and the warranty lol  :drinking:

The Siemens and Bosch machines are the same, they're just badge engineered like a Polo and an Audi A1. I went to buy a Siemens and the salesman told me I'd save £100 by purchasing the same machine with a different name stuck on it. We do have a Siemens washing machine, though, but got that at £400 off the RRP and was the reason I wanted a Siemens dishwasher initially.

The machine we have has a separate drawer for cutlery and the machine plops the tablet into a little compartment on the shelf below that. It sits in there and doesn't dissolve occasionally. Could just be something blocking the correct operation, as it is only now and then...?

I don't think that is True about siemens. The retailer makes more money on a Bosch . Similar to top of the range golf clubs , a set of irons like Titleist/Pings sell for £700 and the retailer makes about £60. A £250 full set with bag/trolley/woods/irons they will make about £120 . :innocent:
2015 Golf R White 5 Door Leather DCC Dynaudio Pretorias
2009 Land Rover Freelander HSE - Workhorse
2007 Mk 5 Golf GTI Edition 30 - SOLD

Offline Kalpsn2000

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 56
« Reply #4637 on: February 26, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »
^^^
Must be the same on TV's (and many others) as when I went to buy my current Panasonic a few years ago the salesman was trying to get me to buy a cheaper LG by saying it was better even though it wasn't. I had already decided on the Panny anyway but they must have been making more on the cheaper LG than the more expensive Panny.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 04:24:57 pm by Kalpsn2000 »
Diamond Black 2007 (56) Golf GTI 3Dr DSG ¦ 18" Monza II's ¦ Cruise control ¦ MFSW ¦ Highline ¦ Rear parking sensors ¦ PDT Stage 1 ¦ Forge Twintake ¦ H&R Sport Springs ¦ NQSBBK ¦ R32 Rear bumper ¦ BCS Powervalve Sports R32 style TBE ¦ Valeo LED Rear Lights ¦ Xenon lights with HID kit ¦ DNX521DAB ¦ 12mm Spacers all round ¦

Offline scottm72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 7
« Reply #4638 on: February 27, 2013, 12:27:47 am »
as andrew says maybe we should let the thread get back to topic on purchases only,
my fault i think, not sure if this thread likes to go into a products warts and all.

Would like to say something about the above though,
i cant see why a salesman / retailer wouuld make more money from selling a bosch over a seimens product,
seimens products are way more expensive than bosch and at the end of the day he will just advise what the best product is for his store to sell you.
I ran a Comet hyper store about 8 years ago and the products we pushed where dictated to us by the profit margin - nothing else,
Different manufacturers have different deals all the time and try to beat each other in order to make the selling store push that item over another.
Occasionally you will get a salesman who genuinely just wants to help you out but to get a salesman who IS GENUINE and also knows what he is talking about is very rare.
They have no idea on an items durability / comeback as they only know about an items faults when the customer comes back in years down the line for a new one and he gets told how crap the old one was.
In comet before i was a manager we got commision on every item we sold on top of our minimum wage, sales meetings in the mornings briefed us as to what we where to push that day,
most items in a store carry a 1p commision pay to the selling salesman, some 10p and so on,
if someone like hoover / hotpoint / dyson etc wants a lot of a specific item sold they decrease the shops buying in price for a set number of them ( say 5000 units or so ) and the company like Comet etc then puts the commision for that item up to a high figure in order for the salesman to push it like crazy,,, a customer then comes in looking for a washing machine or something, they may look at something like a led dyson at say £500.
The salesman knows by an alpha numeric code built into the items description which only the staff can understand and this code tells him straight away that if he sells this machine to this customer he will make something like 5p commision,,,,, most machines ranged from 1p to £1,,,,,
he will then convince the customer why she should buy the machine with the high commision,,, it may only be a £200 machine but he will use things like reliability / no breakages that he knows off / its not electronic so more reliable etc etc etc, basically any old p*ss as long as she buys it.
Little does she know that specific machine carries a £10 commision rate,,,, now do that 5 times a day and thats £50 a day more wages  :congrats:
Few weeks down the line the commision offer ends, the 5000 units have been sold, the buying price is back to normal and it starts all over again with a new item with a high commision.
One saturday i done a 12hr shift and sold 22 vacuum cleaners with a selling price of just £90, i made £10 commision on each one  :surprised:
most of the people i sold to came in for a dyson, we where told to use our sales skill to make this vacuum cleaner as good as the dyson, when customers where shown the vacuum in action and explained the cost saving against a £350 dyson it was very simple.
A lot of big companies have done away with commision now for the salesman but they are still told what item has to be promoted, it should also be noted that a salesmans product knowledge / skill set when it comes to selling large electrical items is generally very poor these days unless it is a smaller company who can sometimes have more time for you and more pride in their work.
Never trust a salesman
Do your own homework, find the item, grill the salesman, get their best price, go home check loads of reviews, if you still want it then buy it in the cheapest place ( sometimes it can be beneficial to pay a few quid more in order to get it from a trusted outlet with a customer service that you can fall back on )
In case i didnt mention it before

never trust a salesman  :happy2: 

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4639 on: February 27, 2013, 08:51:09 am »
^^^^ couldn't be bothered to read all that Scott. Sure it's all very interesting though.

Anywho......

Just ordered this from my local Model Center.

1:80 scale Mary Rose model kit. Length 735mm, Beam 255mm, Height 520mm. I've been building such models for 20 odd years and have nearly completed a "from Plans" model of The Bounty. The pace I build them, be done in about 1-2 years.

(Keeps me out of trouble)

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4640 on: February 27, 2013, 09:30:32 am »

Just ordered this from my local Model Center.

1:80 scale Mary Rose model kit. Length 735mm, Beam 255mm, Height 520mm. I've been building such models for 20 odd years and have nearly completed a "from Plans" model of The Bounty. The pace I build them, be done in about 1-2 years.

(Keeps me out of trouble)

....W O W !! When I was about 10yo I once built a generic galleon from scratch, not a kit, and got a model making prize for it.

Feeling encouraged, I decided to build a WWII torpedo boat (MTB) which had torpedo tubes on deck, something like this............

Being a resourceful lad I checked out the waste basket in my parents bedroom and was over the moon when I found a cardboard tube which was EXACTLY in scale and had another tube sliding inside - Perfect! Having removed an attached piece of string I mounted it on deck and went rushing enthusiastically (and innocently) to mummy to show her my efforts so far. She was very impressed and then she noticed the torpedo tube. She asked me where I got it from, smiled, and said it probably wasn't a good idea to show daddy until the whole model was painted (disguising the tubes). She gave me another tube, bless her (R.I.P.). I'm sure I don't have to spell it out that the tubes were 1960's Tampax!

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4641 on: February 27, 2013, 09:55:45 am »
WOW martin where do you get the time!!!
My spare time seems to go on ps3 battlefield premium at the mo....

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You

Offline MC71

• Thank You
  • -Given: 413
  • -Receive: 427
  • Mk7 R
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,113185.0.html
« Reply #4643 on: February 27, 2013, 01:28:20 pm »
....W O W !! When I was about 10yo I once built a generic galleon from scratch, not a kit, and got a model making prize for it.

Feeling encouraged, I decided to build a WWII torpedo boat (MTB) which had torpedo tubes on deck, something like this............

Being a resourceful lad I checked out the waste basket in my parents bedroom and was over the moon when I found a cardboard tube which was EXACTLY in scale and had another tube sliding inside - Perfect! Having removed an attached piece of string I mounted it on deck and went rushing enthusiastically (and innocently) to mummy to show her my efforts so far. She was very impressed and then she noticed the torpedo tube. She asked me where I got it from, smiled, and said it probably wasn't a good idea to show daddy until the whole model was painted (disguising the tubes). She gave me another tube, bless her (R.I.P.). I'm sure I don't have to spell it out that the tubes were 1960's Tampax!

Great story Robin. Bought a real smile to my face.

One of my previous builds was U-99, probably the most famous U-Boat Captained by a chap nicknamed "Silent Otto" as the man was a tactical master and a virtual ghost and sunk 40 odd vessels, a real nightmare for our boys.

(No tampons or "lady items" were used in my build)

:happy2:

Build thread Stage 2+ Edition 30 ~~Clicky here~~

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4644 on: February 27, 2013, 01:33:42 pm »
wonder if this works better....
should be a Nilfisk pressure washer.

Offline Hedge

• Thank You
  • -Given: 484
  • -Receive: 304
« Reply #4645 on: February 27, 2013, 01:36:00 pm »
No but this does.

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4646 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:16 pm »
hmm....but what did you do.....was it this

Offline paulw123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #4647 on: February 27, 2013, 01:42:26 pm »
iam really hopefull about this 1....... :rolleye:

Saintsteve

« Reply #4648 on: February 27, 2013, 05:33:54 pm »

Samsung Galaxy Note 2.. Complete with "Sam" my personal assistant. Alot more nicer then Siri  :laugh:

Replaced my old Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

Offline simonp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 38
  • No longer a Golfer
« Reply #4649 on: February 27, 2013, 05:43:31 pm »
I'm on the look out for a new moby. Had mine over 2 years now and think the battery is a bit past it. An hour on the mobile net is enough to dead it. Thinking Nexus 4, HTC One or Sony Xperia Z...