Make a donation

Author Topic: lazy barstewards  (Read 3380 times)

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
lazy barstewards
« on: May 17, 2010, 01:10:21 pm »
Been around a few Stealerships recently, BMW/Mini, VW, Audi looking for a new car for my wife.  I've got itchy feet right now too but not entirely sure what to replace the GTI with.....anyway....

NOT ONE LAZY BARSTEWARD SALESMUPPET has bothered to come talk to us when we are browsing.. :booty:

....is this a new strategy? mind you I guess Id rather that than being jumped on the minute you walk into a showroom.

btw She is looking at a mini, or a 1 series (some cracking deals out there), a 1 series coupe caught my eye....but if I do change it will be for an ed30 or go down the economy route...I am stumping up over £140 a month at the moment just to get into work and back with hardly any fun....

Offline vRStu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
Re: lazy barstewards
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 01:13:29 pm »
I think contrary to the media hype car dealers are having a good time of it at the moment.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Ifti

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 01:17:57 pm »
Yup, I was spending about £220 a month, just getting to work and back!! And that was with normal driving, trying to keep my mpg at decent levels so the fuel would last me the week at least!

Was spending silly money on fuel, and with the rising costs there was, and still is, no drop in sight!

Hence I was forced to buy a 1.9TDI, and althought its no fun to drive, Im very happy with it in terms of fuel costs! £50 keeps me going for an easy 2 weeks - so about £100 a month, leaving me with over £100 a month saved - thats not including the saving in tax, and the fact that insurance was half the price over the ED30! 700 miles to a tank!!!

Even when I was looking for a replacement - the guys at the dealership clearly saw me parking the ED30 outside, and I walked in to..........well nothing. I actually had to WAIT a good 5 mins or so for a saleperson to even come out from the back, and then I had to approach HIM!
Left with no further help or advice, only a couple of brochures. They were no help whatsoever.
Hence I just purchased private in the end!

VW build great cars, but their dealer service (well the ones Ive been to) are shockingly poor.

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 01:45:48 pm »
An Ed30 is for life not just Christmas :mad:

seriously though if you go into any mini dealers you will see they aren't toiling they look to be doing fine, espec 2nd hand ones, folks i know who have their mini on finance got told to bring it in for valuation even thought they are only 2 years into a 5 year deal and got a brand new cooper S.
But i prefer the low key sales rather than in your face selling.

Offline GTIjames

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 01:51:31 pm »
imo its best to book an appointment with them, in my case been quite young (26) i don't always get treated like a serious buyer, but bmw on park lane were very helpful and the sales lady was a right cutie

1 series coupe is what im seriously considering, 135i pretty basic spec apart from the new 7 speed dtc (dsg), not bad for £31k, and if i was willing to put pen to paper that day I could of had it for less than 30 and delivered by July..

dont see VW offering those timescales or discount on a new mk6gti, also having come from a mini to my golf i have been shocked at how bad vw's after-care/service is compared to bmw

GTI Edition 30 - Reflex Silver now gone but not forgotten - Cooper S JCW now.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 02:34:07 pm »
The BMW mini garage at least had sales people actually with people and selling cars! the vw (arnold clark, Jordanhill Glasgow) all sales people were sitting chatting at their desks, not one bothered to look up, not one bothered to try to initiate a discussion...pathetic.  I was looking quite closely at a £19k rocco and musing what the costs to change were....i spent 5 mins in and around the car...i walked around the showroom then back to the car....NOT one of the lazy toerags even batted an eye lid.

I hope they did see the back of my head as i walked out the door, oh.....and the big lump of cash in my pocket went too :rolleye:....

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 02:41:34 pm »
I dont understand the facination with the BMW 1 series, driven two and disliked both. next to a corsa its the worst i have driven.

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »
I've warmed to it recently, hated it at first. Quite like the look of the coupes or the 135i of course. I dont care, its not for me anyway, its for swmbo. But I reckon with the deals they are doing on the 1 series that you are not alone my friend, I dont think they are selling that well.

Offline keith

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2010, 04:14:12 pm »
Aye the coupe looks a bit more pleasing on the eye.
If she fancies a mini dont upgrade to fancy alloys as they are mega dear and you can buy the reps for a quarter of the price the ones I wanted were the r113's, mini wanted a short of 1k, reps were £300 without tyres and i cant tell the diff when looking at them.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 06:38:35 pm by keith »

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 04:53:20 pm »
 :happy2:

thanks for the tip.

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 06:49:18 pm »
i had the same issue..i went to the dealers straight after work(covered in oil) to look at a golf  gti  but not one sales man approached me and went to the couple all behind me in smart casual clothes...stood thier for half an hour after the couple had gone so i walked out  :fighting:

Offline alex_chung

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2010, 07:47:30 pm »
The BMW mini garage at least had sales people actually with people and selling cars! the vw (arnold clark, Jordanhill Glasgow) all sales people were sitting chatting at their desks, not one bothered to look up, not one bothered to try to initiate a discussion...pathetic.  I was looking quite closely at a £19k rocco and musing what the costs to change were....i spent 5 mins in and around the car...i walked around the showroom then back to the car....NOT one of the lazy toerags even batted an eye lid.

I hope they did see the back of my head as i walked out the door, oh.....and the big lump of cash in my pocket went too :rolleye:....

Strange the last time I was there I was jumped upon the minute I walked through the door and a salesman face lit up when I started looking at the Golf R that they had there.
As for BMW...I was in Douglas Park on Kyle Street for about an hour once and no one came up to me at all!!
Alex

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2010, 11:39:27 pm »
new 1 series will be out at the same time as the new a3