Make a donation

Author Topic: Seat could be no more  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
Re: Seat could be no more
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 08:04:10 pm »
Echo the interior comments of the MkII Leon, especially as IMO it's one of the nicest looking cars in it's class (exterior wise)..
Then there's the dealers...  :grin: Had my LCR 3 years, used the same dealer for servicing (again for 3 years) and did 90k in it, so a lot of services. Then the new Cupra came out for which they had a demo (that the DP used) so I asked for a test drive. The reply was "I'm sorry but the Cupra is the DP's car and unless you sign a order form, we are not allowing test drives!!!!!"  :surprised: :stupid:
Jog on then mate, i'll get the Golf..  :grin: What a joke, especailly as I was a 30 year old Sales manager in a suit, who had been (I thought) a valued customer. Not some chav who wanted to take it for a  :driver:

My mate is a parts manager at a dealership who also use to have a Seat franchise. Their MD sacked it off and told Seat to come pick up all their cars after finding out that Seat use to sell their cars cheaper on the internet to customers, than they did to their dealrship..  :signLOL:
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 08:11:11 pm by Vtec Abuser »

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 12:58:38 pm »
we have a mk5 ibiza ( :P at Ben  :signLOL:) , which I think looks great tbh.
all other cars in the class were overpriced, have to say i like it a lot.
built quality isnt bad, the only downside is a rough previous generation 1.4 engine (which we knew about) which doesnt fit with the 'new' feel.

my dealer experiences have also been good so far too  :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 01:38:06 pm »
Think the Leon interiors are acceptable for the lower cars down the model range they do what there supposed too, and have good equipment levels.  But once you get into the FR Cupra's and above they just change an odd bit of plastic and expect that to be acceptable, its all rather dissapointing.

I was getting myself a little excited about the prospect of the Bocanegra or Cupra 1.4 twin charger 7 spd DSG as standard nice styling, and not too expensive for a quick little car.  Sat in 1 for 10 seconds got up and walked out, the only difference I could see between the bocanegra and any of the others was some rubbish carbon fibre coloured plastic, just rubbish.

And as mentioned above the outside and styling of the cars (along with the level of standard kit for the money) is the main appeal. just not the interior!

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.