Make a donation

Author Topic: Seat could be no more  (Read 4944 times)

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
Seat could be no more
« on: May 18, 2010, 12:06:31 pm »
http://pistonheads.com/news/default.asp?storyId=21953

they better make better cars then  :popcornsoda:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Seat could be no more
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 12:11:20 pm »
didnt realise they were making a loss.   suprised really. 

from what i read in an article recently VW weren't to happy that skoda outsold them by quite a large margin, and were considering cutting the amount of standard options that were making them such good value when compared to the rest of the VAg range.  thay would be a shame as skoda have built a realy good reputation for themselves now in all the driver and dealer surveys

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 12:14:53 pm »
would be a shame as my old Leon cupra r was a stunning car to own and drive  and just had all you needed ie 1.8t 225bhp engine,brembo brakes,big wheels,great inside and for me still looks good on the road

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 12:18:05 pm »
would be a shame as my old Leon cupra r was a stunning car to own and drive  and just had all you needed ie 1.8t 225bhp engine,brembo brakes,big wheels,great inside and for me still looks good on the road

the old cupra R was also quicker around the top gear track than the new mk5 gti, which goes to show how good the car was in comparison to the other mk4 platform cars

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 12:21:39 pm »

x1
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 03:32:16 pm »

Me too mate. I just think Seat have lost it a bit recently with the half arsed attempt at the new Cupra R and the abortion that is the new Mk5 Ibiza..  :sick:

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »

Me too mate. I just think Seat have lost it a bit recently with the half arsed attempt at the new Cupra R and the abortion that is the new Mk5 Ibiza..  :sick:

Lol  +1

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 05:51:29 pm »
they dropped the ball with the bocanegra, the mk2 LCR, the exeo is boring and the K1 or the standard leon cupra arent really eclusive with all the replicas running about.

Customer service is sh*t aswell.

I personally will never buy another SEAT and wont miss them if they go, especially as they want to go a different direction now away from being a sporty brand and more business like, so expect more exeo type cars, which baffles me because why the hell do we need another VW.

Offline Thor

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 27
  • -Receive: 25
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 06:07:32 pm »

Totally agree with you Matt, if it hadn't been for our move to Germany for a year we would still have our MK1 Leon Cupra, cos they did what they sadi on the time.  pretty good on fuel on a run too. :happy2:
Gone but not forgotten - Edition 30 No.2239
                                     Mk6 GTI

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 06:59:40 pm »
If they could make the interiors more attractive i would possibly go back to a Seat

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 07:02:48 pm »
If they could make the interiors more attractive i would possibly go back to a Seat

so would i as i was so waiting for the cupra when it came out and then it landed in the showroom and i sat in and got back out and walked out the showroom  :sad1: gutted  :rolleye: sorry seat guys but we all know that the dash and the back of the seats could be better  :rolleye:

Offline Deako

• Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 07:05:47 pm »
I was quite impressed with the interior on my mates Bocanegra. Far better than the Mk4 Ibiza interior i just got rid of, but then again, that car was a 9-10 year old design.

On a recent visit to the VW dealership however, the salesman i was speaking to was hoping SEAT would fail and VW would get rid of the brand. He just said its dragging the whole of the group down at the moment.

Offline CarrG

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 17
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2010, 07:14:33 pm »

so would i as i was so waiting for the cupra when it came out and then it landed in the showroom and i sat in and got back out and walked out the showroom  :sad1: gutted  :rolleye: sorry seat guys but we all know that the dash and the back of the seats could be better  :rolleye:

Yeah got to agree with that i was disappointed with alot of the build quality compared to the LCR but was sold on the engine potential  :driver:
K1 Revo 2+
Ibis RS3
VW California 180 DSG "Candy"!

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2010, 07:35:19 pm »
I only ever owned one Seat a MKII Leon Fr TDI really liked it bar a few things as prev mentioned - dash & visibilty.
I recently went in to see about the new Ibiza FR/Cupra but walked out when I saw the finance figures - I got a mini cooper far far cheaper and with free servicing for 3 years plus it will be worth more. shame but a lot can happen in 5 years :popcornsoda:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2010, 07:39:01 pm »
I really like the latest leon cupra, good looks and a great car spoilt by the most cheap and nasty interior in it's class. There is nothing they could do that car to make me be able to compromise on the interior. You'd think they'd do some Market research. Sort out your interiors and you'd sell alot more cars!!  

There are loads of people on this forum alone that feel the same, I can't imagine how many customers have been lost across Europe as a whole for the same reason?