Make a donation

Author Topic: Cleaned wheels, emptied catch can & bay candy :)  (Read 4563 times)

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
Re: Cleaned wheels, emptied catch can & bay candy :)
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2010, 09:27:51 am »
That build up of creamy gunk around the exit port of the catch can is completely normal.  It is caused by condensation in the system when the car is cold because of either the weather or short journeys.  When you switch the engine off after a journey if warm enough the condensation will get burnt off.  However if cold it mixes with the rest of the PCV gasses and forms the gunk which you have.

I experienced exactly the same during the winter months but now that it is warmer it has disappeared  :happy2:

Oh and the wheels look great!

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2010, 09:54:56 am »
those pics are scarysh*t :scared:
was trying to convince myself i didnt need to spend more money on the car, esp tuning wise but i can see this and a better intake on a newly started(today) list already.. dammit! :innocent:
matsu

oh and OP..... stunning motorbuddy :congrats:
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2010, 11:15:24 am »

Looking at your engine bay pic I would recommend you swap the PCV tubes round so that the PCV inlet tube for the catch can goes into the bottom port of the can and the PCV outlet tube goes into the top.

BSH recommend this as it stops the PCV system from freezing up when it gets really cold.