All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

My (fairly standard) Edition 30

(1/7) > >>

fastismycopilot:
Ordered the day after the Edition 30 was announced but not delivered until late March 2007 (had to tie in with a lease car being returned). It's a 5 door, steel grey with rear tints and DSG. Some other extra bits specified but not a lot of note.

It's had a couple of tweaks, the first being when  answered an advert on the Milltek website for an Edition 30 to use to develop the exhaust on. Gave them the car for a week, in return got a full Milltek system for £400 and the (virtually pristine) original exhaust couriered back to me.

Second tweak was the fitting of a Forge DV by those nice chaps at AmDtechnik in Thurrock.

Rolling road reading puts it at 270bhp which is all I need for now. Maybe in a year or so I'll look at a Revo, but I'm happy for now.  :smiley:

Photo taken at Herstmonceux Observatory

Doing a rather chilly Goodwood Breakfast Run

After a damn good 'Portering'

WhiteGTI:
Nice car!  8) 8)

Was that the Goodwood Breakfast run in April of 2008 by any chance!!????

Has the car only got a Milly and the Forge DV and achieved 270hp?!

fastismycopilot:

--- Quote from: WhiteGTI on January 17, 2009, 03:53:21 pm ---Nice car!  8) 8)

Was that the Goodwood Breakfast run in April of 2008 by any chance!!????

Has the car only got a Milly and the Forge DV and achieved 270hp?!

--- End quote ---

Yes it was, here's a photo of the mini I was following - oddly enough we never got to Goodwood!

And oddly enough yes, that's just with the Milltek & the Forge. RR done before & after Milltek and after Forge.

Vanilla RR showed 240 bhp
post-Milltek RR showed 262bhp
post-Forge DV showed 270bhp

182_blue:
Nice car, where was it RR'd

WhiteGTI:
Lol! Yes I remember that morning very well indeed...

My Lotus was on display on the track (one of the cars that Goodwood chose to be on display, had a plaque infront of it too), and I let my father drive it down, while I followed about 15mins later in the GTI!

He got to Goodwood ok, but I caught the blizzard and got stuck in Farnham!!

They are very very high figures considering your modifications. I'm sure others will have something to say about that also!

Hopefully catch you at a few of the Breakfast Clubs this season, they have released the dates, but not the themes! Always worth the journey down!

:smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version