All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

My (fairly standard) Edition 30

<< < (4/7) > >>

fastismycopilot:

--- Quote from: john_o on January 18, 2009, 04:26:53 pm ---now now Phil play nice with the new members  :wink:

fastismycopilot : this as Phil says has been a hot topic of debate.  Id suggest looking more at the relative increase than absolute figures
JKM (DD) rollingroad typically shows 'matching' OE figures  (230 ish for a std ED30) (doesnt mean they are right though!)
Awesome/Proport etc tend to show larger numbers than this. (up to 255 for a std ED30)
As long as runs are repeatable then you can prove a % increase for a mod  :happy2:, irrespective of the tuner you frequent.
imho adding a DV aint gonna add any bhp (unless you had a previous fault) more likely to be a run variation (temp etc)

If it runs great and pulls strong then as you say thats all that matters. besides with DSG its gonna fly...............
Anyway nice contraversial first post, welcome to the forum I look forward to your input.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for your concerns, I trust I've indicated in my previous post that I'm capable of dealing with any 'questions' which are put to me.....  :wink:

Look forward to using the forum, it looks like a good 'un. 

WhiteGTI:
I knew this topic may get messy!!  :signLOL:

To return to topic.............What are your future plans for the car fastismycopilot? (aside from the possibility of a Revo in the future)

:smiley: :smiley:

Top Cat:
Guys although this thread has turned very funny  :grin: It will only end in tinternet tears with more peeps getting involved, running over the same old ground ( ooh it turned into a Pink Floyd song then  :laugh:)
Lets keep it friendly there is no point in either of you guys getting flustered over opinion's. Although both of you are capable of looking out for yourselves can you please chat to each other via PM please  :chicken:

fastismycopilot:

--- Quote from: Top Cat on January 18, 2009, 05:46:06 pm ---Guys although this thread has turned very funny  :grin: It will only end in tinternet tears with more peeps getting involved, running over the same old ground ( ooh it turned into a Pink Floyd song then  :laugh:)
Lets keep it friendly there is no point in either of you guys getting flustered over opinion's. Although both of you are capable of looking out for yourselves can you please chat to each other via PM please  :chicken:

--- End quote ---

Just as I was starting to have some fun too.......  :innocent:

Don't worry, I'll be silent on the matter now, think I've made my point! (wouldn't want you to have the same old fears.....  :wink:)

In answer to WHITEGTI nothing at present! The missus gets her new MINI Cooper S Cabrio this March which is drinking this year's car allowance for her and my Land Rover 130 is getting a few thou spent on it which drinks up any left over pennies. Maybe next year.......

Phil Mcavity:
ok sorry for my poor spelling copilot, id be first to admit, my spelling has never been strong .
But can you explain to me, how a forge dump valve is going to give extra HORSEPOWER... (Spelt correct this time)?? i hope :scared:

I like to know why your opinion is that a stock vehical produces more then VW Claims it does?. or is the 2.0 tfsi unit notorious for giving what it feels like??
Isnt that mis-selling a product on Vw??

If a set of rollers says your car is producing more the book, surely accuracy is in question is it not? or do we just pluck a figure from the air and say its right???

Now stop me from looking "silly" as you put it ,and answer the above  :happy2:

And now realising your from Uk-mkiv's website, we tend to get along well in here and not rip each other to shreds at the 1st oppotunity as tends to happen and well known amungst GTi forum users.

:smiley:

Sorry Tc for replying to this , but had to be said.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version