Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 - K04 hybrid!  (Read 31216 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: ED30 - K04 hybrid!
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2010, 10:45:54 pm »
hurdy mentioned before he thought he could keep his map and tweak it. 

was just wandering whether REVO had a take on this??

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2010, 11:25:28 pm »
The K04 hybrid overboosts against requested with a K04 remap, it is looking more likely that an SPS+ controller will not get the most from the turbo. RS4 injectors are giving better fuelling too. All this is pointing to needing a stage 3 map.

I haven't spoken to Carl again yet, but I will do. :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2010, 11:28:25 pm »
The K04 hybrid overboosts against requested with a K04 remap, it is looking more likely that an SPS+ controller will not get the most from the turbo. RS4 injectors are giving better fuelling too. All this is pointing to needing a stage 3 map.

wander if they will be keen for this.  they didnt seem to helpful when Gilm easlookin for a custom map for his GT28.   Giac maybe or jabba since they have already developed maps for them

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2010, 11:34:20 pm »

wander if they will be keen for this.  they didnt seem to helpful when Gilm easlookin for a custom map for his GT28.   Giac maybe or jabba since they have already developed maps for them

All we can do is ask REVO.

Wouldn't mind some input from Jabbalad (Luke) as to what stage they are at with theirs. :jumping:

Golf R gone.

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2010, 12:37:17 pm »
Well, been out for a ride in the mapped K04 hybrid DSG ED30 today and OMG!!!!...........What's that love...... lunch is ready!

See you later guys :evilgrin:
Golf R gone.

Offline owen lcr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 6
  • owen
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2010, 01:00:34 pm »
Not good enough Hurdy, we need info hahaha :scared: :scared: :scared:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2010, 01:01:22 pm »
Well, been out for a ride in the mapped K04 hybrid DSG ED30 today and OMG!!!!...........What's that love...... lunch is ready!

See you later guys :evilgrin:

When you've finished your sandwhich John would you mind elaborating?  :wink:

Offline owen lcr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • owen
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:43 pm »
 hurdy ~ :fighting2:

c'mon  :laugh:

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2010, 04:00:09 pm »
 :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

Food done, now give us an update Mr H  :happy2:

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2010, 04:26:31 pm »
Sorry for the delay guys.

Well, I've been out for a drive in Statllers ED30 DSG and the results are startling. He has now had A GIAC BT map put on the car specifically matched to the K24 compressor wheel. As some of you may already know GIAC specify the VF intake for their high power maps. For the hybrid map Steve jr is running RS4 injectors and a modified in-tank pump. These haven't been deemed absolutely necessary, but Steve jr is very happy with the results they give. GIAC used Steve's logs to tailor their map and the result is a VERY smooth map that gives a great top end. Steve reckons that performancewise he would prefer this than a Garrett BT as it still gives low end spool with great feel torque and power at the top end.

When I took it out for a drive it was truly superb. Sometimes I get the feeling of a lack of urge to the redline in my own car, but this definitely has a more urgent dash to the redline to it. The bottom end feels just as good, but sooooo smooth.

Steve jr has quoted me some prices, but I don't want to turn this thread into a promotion for their wares, so I'll leave them off.

Let's just say if I hadn't decided to go a different route myself, I would have had this done in a shot! :happy2: :jumping:
Golf R gone.

Offline 94Luke

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2010, 04:36:08 pm »
Is it the black or white ED30 thats had the work done?

Let's just say if I hadn't decided to go a different route myself, I would have had this done in a shot! :happy2: :jumping:

Do you think you'll still want to go for a fettled turbo? And what are we talking about when referring to g/s?

Offline Hurdy

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2010, 04:39:22 pm »
Is it the black or white ED30 thats had the work done?

Do you think you'll still want to go for a fettled turbo? And what are we talking about when referring to g/s?

It is the white one Luke.

I may well still be tempted at some point, but need mine to be finished first. g/s on his last run was 304g/s, but he hasn't done more logs since the map as it only went on at 10pm last night :laugh:
Golf R gone.

Offline owen lcr

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • owen
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2010, 05:06:06 pm »
sounds promising mate,  you boys are keen working til that time on a work night but good stuff :congrats:

at last we are getting some real info on this mod instead of just dribs and drabs of hearsay

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2010, 05:15:31 pm »
Sorry for the delay guys.

Well, I've been out for a drive in Statllers ED30 DSG and the results are startling. He has now had A GIAC BT map put on the car specifically matched to the K24 compressor wheel. As some of you may already know GIAC specify the VF intake for their high power maps. For the hybrid map Steve jr is running RS4 injectors and a modified in-tank pump. These haven't been deemed absolutely necessary, but Steve jr is very happy with the results they give. GIAC used Steve's logs to tailor their map and the result is a VERY smooth map that gives a great top end. Steve reckons that performancewise he would prefer this than a Garrett BT as it still gives low end spool with great feel torque and power at the top end.

When I took it out for a drive it was truly superb. Sometimes I get the feeling of a lack of urge to the redline in my own car, but this definitely has a more urgent dash to the redline to it. The bottom end feels just as good, but sooooo smooth.

Steve jr has quoted me some prices, but I don't want to turn this thread into a promotion for their wares, so I'll leave them off.

Got there just after you left John Holy Sh*t, what an animal!! Ive got a 6week stint in Canada comming which will certainly be funding the spec that steve's got on the Ed30, it was horrendously fast!!!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 05:30:29 pm »
thats cos yours is slow mike :booty: :P

sounds good though.  what g/s does the GIAC extreme with VF intake make, to comare the rough increase between the two?