Make a donation

Author Topic: Can i change from a factory fit shark fin ariel to a standard ariel?  (Read 1745 times)

Premier13

I have bought a MK5 Gti which is fitted with a factory fit hands free kit. This means the ariel is a shark fin type. I want to fit a standard ariel which has a smaller base. Can it be done?

Can anyone help

Thanks

cameluk

I went the other way, and the hole in the roof is the same size, don't know what state the paintwork will be like under the shark fin

Premier13

I went the other way, and the hole in the roof is the same size, don't know what state the paintwork will be like under the shark fin
Thanks for your help. You a star.

Mark

Offline Richn83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Premier do you have any pictures of the aerial you have, since most people try and go the otehr way from an aerial to a shark fin, maybe you could just fit a smaller unit say an Audi one thats a little more slick?

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline andyvits

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Hi There,

I have an 07 Edition 30 with Sat Nav but no FF Bluetooth and it has a `shark fin'. Is this where the GPS antenna will be located? As I have seen other Ed30's with standard aerials, therefore I assume that they have neither BT or Sat NAV?

Any clarity would be appreciated.

Regards

Andy

cameluk

If it was  a factory fitted satnav then it should have been fitted with the sharkfin

Having a standard aerial indicates that the car was not fitted with telephone /satnav at the factory, doesn't mean to say the satnav wasn't fitted by the dealer using the VW puck type gps aerial

Offline andyvits

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Thanks for the clarity. :happy2: