Make a donation

Author Topic: Z4 m Coupe.  (Read 10566 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: Z4 m Coupe.
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2010, 09:41:56 pm »
I was hoping for you lot to put me off a bit, by telling me horror stories about service costs or some belt somewhere that goes after a time and costs thousands to change.  :sad1:

Thanks for not helping.  :booty:

I have done a quick search but couldn't find a dedicated forum for these. Anyone know a goodin for some research.  :indifferent:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 78
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 08:47:01 am »
I'd have a Z4 M Coupe in a heartbeat - absolutely love them :love:

Saint Steve

« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 09:52:40 am »
This car was on Top Gear last night as it goes, their Verdict was get the Nissan 370GT instead.

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 10:13:56 am »
I was hoping for you lot to put me off a bit, by telling me horror stories about service costs or some belt somewhere that goes after a time and costs thousands to change.  :sad1:

Thanks for not helping.  :booty:

I have done a quick search but couldn't find a dedicated forum for these. Anyone know a goodin for some research.  :indifferent:

There are very few forums for individual BMW models I've found. I'd look for BMW 'M' forums, which there are a few, or alternatively you could look on E46 M3 forums because they share the same engine as the Z4M.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 10:52:46 am »
BMW over a Nissan any day (unless its a GTR) 350's 370's etc dont do it for me

Saint Steve

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 10:55:13 am »
^^^ Since when ever does Jeremy clarkson Top Gear top Tip ever be correct  :wink:

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 11:21:23 am »
This car was on Top Gear last night as it goes, their Verdict was get the Nissan 370GT instead.

That was the new Z4 actually, and I seem to remember their verdict was; buy the BMW because it is slower, more expensive and less well equipped :laugh:

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2010, 11:35:12 am »
you fag

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2010, 07:03:56 pm »
ok ill put you off a bit inspection 2 service £1000, front disks £350, ceased calipers are common, the brakes suffer from fade quite easily when pushing on, tuning these engines are pretty pointless unless you are going the supercharging route (about 8k for ESS VT kit) where as you could easily spend 4k on the best selected engine mods and would only make 30bhp tops, also dont think that the Z4m will be any quicker than a well tuned GTI, if anything id say the gti feels quicker

Although TBH all the above are pretty poor excuses not to buy one of the best looking cars ever produced, with an ace engine and exhaust note, amazing handeling and blistering pace. Id have one in a heatbeat,
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2010, 07:46:59 pm »
Z4M vs Cayman s vs GTI/ED/S3.........discuss...... :party:

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2010, 09:54:07 pm »
ok ill put you off a bit inspection 2 service £1000, front disks £350, ceased calipers are common, the brakes suffer from fade quite easily when pushing on, tuning these engines are pretty pointless unless you are going the supercharging route (about 8k for ESS VT kit) where as you could easily spend 4k on the best selected engine mods and would only make 30bhp tops, also dont think that the Z4m will be any quicker than a well tuned GTI, if anything id say the gti feels quicker

Although TBH all the above are pretty poor excuses not to buy one of the best looking cars ever produced, with an ace engine and exhaust note, amazing handeling and blistering pace. Id have one in a heatbeat,

Second service a grand.  :chicken: Not too worried about the brakes I am sure DaveB can sort me some cheaper and better. Only performance mods would be a zorst i think.
Hmm rrsearch continues.  :smiley:

Offline WhiteGTI

• Thank You
  • -Given: 29
  • -Receive: 22
  • F-A-S-T
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2010, 11:10:49 am »

Second service a grand.  :chicken: Not too worried about the brakes I am sure DaveB can sort me some cheaper and better. Only performance mods would be a zorst i think.
Hmm rrsearch continues.  :smiley:

I've read of independents charging c. £500 for an inspection 2.
2008 Golf GTI - Revo Stage 2 NOW SOLD

2006 E46 BMW M3 - 343hp
2000 Lotus Elise Sport160 - 160hp

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2010, 11:43:42 am »

obvoiusly price is a large factor when it comes to tuned hot hatch vs. sports car debate.
As mentioned servicing and parts costs take a big hike and then there's after market goodies. I saw a cayman s supercharged, full zorst and remapped by a german tuner (can't find the link but think it was on worldcarfans) and it must have been touching 12k of work.. But what a machine and it would be unique/cool as hell.

On the othe hand we all know what an eddy or s3 can do with a stage2 and upwards. Nothing like being the little guy blitzing the doosh that spent twice as much cash on the posh wheels.
Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2

Offline andrewparker

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2010, 11:59:06 am »

I think it also depends on your preference as to whether you favour a car that is quick "off-the-shelf", or one that needs to be modified, which in turn demands a fair bit of knowledge, commitment and careful consideration as to what you do with it. Whereas the GTI/S3 is undoubtedly an accomplished car there is still a Euro hatch underneath it. The Cayman in particular was designed from the outset to be a performance car, not a family car.

Offline cal tdi

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 5
  • dub or die
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2010, 01:25:49 pm »
^
totally agree with that. if money wasn't an issue and it grew in vast amounts on trees at the bottom of my garden  :signLOL:

Candy weiß Mk6 GTI - Stage 2