Make a donation

Author Topic: Moto GP  (Read 9767 times)

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Moto GP
« on: May 23, 2010, 12:02:20 pm »
I see theres threads for F1 and recently a BTCC thread but i just wondered if anyone was a Moto GP fan? I missed most of last weeks but im ready and waiting for le mans  :popcornsoda:

was almost tempted last year to get either a lorenzo 99 sticker or a rossi 46 for the rear windscreen...bottled it tho  :scared:

Offline john_o

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
Re: Moto GP
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 12:09:02 pm »
I watch other motorsport but MotoGP is the only REALLY exciting thing left   :happy2:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 12:12:43 pm »
Yeah i think your right, i enjoyed the monaco F1 but when you've got guys rear wheel drifting a GP bike and over taking at 50degree angles its just crazy!

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:48:47 pm »
jesus! i thought the two repsol hondas were gona take eachother out! pedrosa and dobi!

Offline jhtrophy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 5
  • Oh no it's a diesel
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 06:38:16 pm »
only motorsport i have ever watched since the scwantz rainey days, had a lorenzo around the outside on one car and 46 for vale on another, never miss it. one word..... not worthy
BMW 335d msport touring lci. Auto, estate and diesel! Oh no

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 11:15:22 pm »
Big Moto GP fan over here too. Can't wait to go to Silverstone in a few weeks, anyone else going?!

Just got back from the British Superbikes at Cadwell Park today, 4 hours and 208 miles to get homw but was well worth it! 29 degrees and not a cloud in the sky all day (very sunburned now)! Sat at the bottom of the Mountain and watching Josh Brookes jump over it was absolutly amazing :jumping:!!!

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 11:52:28 pm »
cadwells like 20mins from my house (not to annoy with the big journey!) but today must have been hot! Iv always watched GP and went a few years ago to donnington and loved it. Le Mans was pretty cool today but its kind of a shame rossi never got going against lorenzo! But if you were at cadwell you wudnt have seen it  :signLOL:

As for wraps and 46 stickers  :notworthy: kudos!

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 05:12:14 pm »
It was unbelievably hot, sunburn hurts!

Yeah I missed them but thanks to Sky+, my night tonight consists of 125cc's, Moto 2 and the Moto GP :drinking:

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 07:48:14 pm »
haha god bless sky+ what did you think? sorry if i spoiled it abit before ud seen it!!  :sad1:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:53:42 pm »
Still aint seen it yet, spent all night washing my bike thats up for sale, had a few calls about it so had to be done!

It'll get watched tomorrow night now (P.S, don't worry, you aint spoiled it yet :happy2:)

Matt

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:55:13 pm »
thats alright then. theres me chirping on! its worth the watch as always! sounds fun, what you selling? is it your only bike your gettin shot of?

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 10:19:19 pm »
I sold my Kawasaki KXF250 last week and got my Honda RVF400 up for sale to make way for a Yamaha R6 which i'm picking up on wednesday :jumping:!!

Anyone else got any bikes at all?!

Matt

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 10:30:21 pm »
I am looking at getting one Matt.  :pomppomp:

I have been looking at the Suzuki GSXR 600 and the Kawasaki ER6F:

Surprisingly the Suzuki is £200 cheaper on insurance but about 1k more!  :confused:

Any long time bikers have any experience with these two? best one?

Cheers :happy2:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 10:30:55 pm »
Oh and sorry for the thread jack!  :ashamed:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 10:36:58 pm »
No bother at all Ollie :happy2:

It all depends what you want, the ER6F is designed to be a bit more comfortable for longer journeys where as the GSXR is a supersport bike based on race bikes. For performance, the GSXR would wee wee all over the ER6 any day of the week but if your going to be doing a lot of miles going at a steadier pace, the ER6 would be the one to go for. Most of the bike training schools use ER5's and ER6's as learner bike because they're nice and easy to ride e.t.c. Not quite sure how the ER6 would be more expensive to insure for a 1st time rider either :confused:?!?!

For me, it would 110% be GSXR all the way

P.S, I've posted in your other thread about the bike i'm selling if your interested?!

Matt