Make a donation

Author Topic: Moto GP  (Read 9448 times)

Offline gazbutS3

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
Re: Moto GP
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 09:23:38 pm »
I've has bikes since I was 12 and passed my bike test before my car test at 17, I've done the usual Jap sports bikes RGV250,NC30,ZX6R,GSXR's and currently have a Ducati 900 Monster with some mild modding, brakes, suspension, exhausts etc and its a right grin if not a little loud it, sets car alarms off :smiley:

My advice would be take it steady to start with and get somethin on the sensible side, the modern 600 sports bikes are mental fast really 110ish bhp and 170ish kgs and 170mph isn't really novice tackle, fcuk me I sound old, sayin that if I was 20 again I would be probably be goin out and buyin the fastest thing I could afford, in fact thats exactly what I did :laugh:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 09:25:13 pm »
ha ha just viewed my own thread and look whats in the background :sad1:, it was a lovely car :smiley:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2010, 09:30:15 pm »
monster and ed30 look mint!  :popcornsoda:

like the s3? im aiming to get one next year!

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2010, 09:35:21 pm »
monster and ed30 look mint!  :popcornsoda:

like the s3? im aiming to get one next year!

the ED30 was mint pal, APR fuel pump code and pump, full Milltek, Eibach coilovers, ARB's etc unfortunately managed to write it off, but from what I can gather it still lives, in fact I've had a letter from the law regarding it this week :laugh:

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2010, 09:43:28 pm »
I've has bikes since I was 12 and passed my bike test before my car test at 17, I've done the usual Jap sports bikes RGV250,NC30,ZX6R,GSXR's and currently have a Ducati 900 Monster with some mild modding, brakes, suspension, exhausts etc and its a right grin if not a little loud it, sets car alarms off :smiley:

My advice would be take it steady to start with and get somethin on the sensible side, the modern 600 sports bikes are mental fast really 110ish bhp and 170ish kgs and 170mph isn't really novice tackle, fcuk me I sound old, sayin that if I was 20 again I would be probably be goin out and buyin the fastest thing I could afford, in fact thats exactly what I did :laugh:

That looks loverly!  :smiley:

Haha yes I have to decide between: Kawasaki ER6F, Suzuki GSX650F, Suzuki SV650 and Yamaha XJ6F. It seems I have a lot of reviews to read and dealers to visit!  :pomppomp:

It will have to be restricted for two years so it wont be as quick, and all of the above are deemed good starter bikes apparently. :jumpmove:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2010, 09:44:29 pm »
hahaha oh dear...what did the law want with it? aaah i had that with my first car i wrote off, annoys me abit rly i loved my first car n it got written off and repaired and sold to someone in brum who even wrote asking for the spare key! grrr

looks lovely. i havnt studied your s3 thread yet but i will...i was looking at hpfp's on awesome (with next year in mind) i hadnt appreciated how much they are, apr fuel pumps £625!  :scared:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2010, 09:46:24 pm »
lookin at that list, they are all the type of thing I would suggest, my choice would be the SV650 its a cracking bike closely followed by the ER6F :happy2:

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2010, 10:04:33 pm »
you got a step to get on that Gaz?   :wink:

ED30 looks mint, cant believe its so long ago  :notworthy:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2010, 10:23:09 pm »
you got a step to get on that Gaz?   :wink:

ED30 looks mint, cant believe its so long ago  :notworthy:
go fcuk u self smiler :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

its one of the things thats so good the seat height is pretty low

how's 26th March 2008 sound, how time flies

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2010, 09:45:27 pm »
Does anyone have any opinions on the Yamaha Fazer FZ6 S2? I would have the fully faired version as here:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2010, 10:57:24 am »
I've never rode one but look like a decent bike, seem to be more designed for long distance an touring though, not sunday afternoon jaunts.

What about a Honda Hornet / Suzuki Bandit aswell?!

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 07:24:16 pm »
I've never rode one but look like a decent bike, seem to be more designed for long distance an touring though, not sunday afternoon jaunts.

What about a Honda Hornet / Suzuki Bandit aswell?!

Matt

Yeah sports tourer again, for insurance. Apparently the engine is a detuned R6 engine. Although it sounds like a hair dryer on that clip! Sounds good with different cans though!

The fazer is based on the bandit I think.

Ill have a look!  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:28:49 pm by ollie288 »

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2010, 08:42:49 pm »
Passed my theory test Wednesday  :pomppomp:

I went into a motorbike shop with a load of gear and tried on all different helmets and boots etc. I decided on the arai chaser, which is an ok price and very comfortable. Also getting alpinestars boots etc. Anyone know of any cheap online sites to look on for them now I have all my sizes?  :happy2:

Offline jimlad09

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2010, 10:21:04 pm »
Well done mate!  :congrats:

as for arai and Astars all i can say is VICTIM! haha nea will look smart!

-------------------------------

on another note the moto GP on saturday/sunday was abit good! Obviously the sad loss of valentino but it opened it up to lorenzo and pedrosa and i also caught moto2 for the first time! What a bunch of nutters!