Make a donation

Author Topic: Driving Routes - A new section?....  (Read 2008 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Driving Routes - A new section?....
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:08:30 am »
Occasionally asked for by members and possibly an extra useful resource for the site.

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14942.msg219979.html#msg219979

Assuming you like the suggestion, I'm not sure where you think it would be best placed.. Under Shows-Events-Meets?

It could also include tips such as what stuff you need in the car in different countries - High-viz coat for example.

:happy2:

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
Re: Driving Routes - A new section?....
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 11:30:01 am »
I like the idea RR, share favorite roads in UK and abroad, not sure how it would work but detaisl to put into the RNS as well to plot the way.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Saint Steve

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 11:46:25 am »
Great Idea Robin :happy2:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 12:45:15 pm »

I like the idea RR, share favorite roads in UK and abroad, not sure how it would work but detaisl to put into the RNS as well to plot the way.

....Gotta avoid any emphasis on 'this-is-one-of-the-fastest-roads' in the UK, imo, as it would attract the wrong kind of attention and could even spoil privately known fast roads for spirited drives.

There's a local B-road which gradually became known by bikers from all over the UK as fast 'n fun and it's now ruined by speed cams and a 50 mph limit over its whole 17-mile length. We don't want repeats of that sort of thing.

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 03:20:35 pm »
True RR that is the risk, just dont put up your favorites, or only have the section visable to members not guests (I know this defeats most of the point) and a good road isnt always a fast one, as you yourself will concede to quote "you can understand why ive spent so much on handling" (not verbatim)  :driver:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »
this forum is good for guys being sensible with what they post and the mods quickly clean up anything untowards, so i think this could work well

maybe when you say the route you could insert a google map img of the route so guys can visualise th route a bit better

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 08:48:10 pm »
@ Sy:

:drinking: Good thinking :smiley:

Offline SteveP

• Thank You
  • -Given: 117
  • -Receive: 340
    • My Project
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 08:50:25 pm »
A sticky topic in shows and meets sounds best to me  :happy2: