Make a donation

Author Topic: re-use a bluefin??  (Read 6029 times)

kierongti

re-use a bluefin??
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:29:21 am »
hi, my friend has a bluefin stuffed in his cupboard from when he had a mk5 gti... when he sold the car he put it back to standard.... am i able to use the bluefin on my car or if not is there a way around it so i can?

cheers kieron :happy2:

Offline mackit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 0
  • Surrey
Re: re-use a bluefin??
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 09:54:04 am »
What typically happens is that you need the device reset by Superchips.  If the device is within 12 months then it will be reset free of charge, otherwise i believe you have to pay around £200 to have it reset.

Once it is reset you can then use the device like a brand new item.   You will then need to plug the device in to download your cars stock ECU configuration.  You then send this to Superchips, they provide you with an upgraded map as well as storing your stock ECU map in case the device ever failed.  You can then plug the device in and switch between stock and upgraded.

If the device is not reset then the maps are specific to your friends car.

Hope that answers your question.

VW Edition 30 DSG, 5 door, RNS-510

Offline ashley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:09:59 am »
What typically happens is that you need the device reset by Superchips.  If the device is within 12 months then it will be reset free of charge, otherwise i believe you have to pay around £200 to have it reset.

Once it is reset you can then use the device like a brand new item.   You will then need to plug the device in to download your cars stock ECU configuration.  You then send this to Superchips, they provide you with an upgraded map as well as storing your stock ECU map in case the device ever failed.  You can then plug the device in and switch between stock and upgraded.

If the device is not reset then the maps are specific to your friends car.

Hope that answers your question.

Correct, just had one reset myself. Worked a treat :happy2:

Unless reset wont even allow you to try swapping maps. When plugged in to the car just stated vehicle mismatch.

kierongti

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:59:15 am »
gotcha...thanks guys... its sounds like its worth getting it reset if i can pick it up very cheaply then. is there a link or details for the officially superchips site? there might be 2 available and was wondering if both were reset, would one be able to be used on a skoda vrs?? :happy2:

cheers kieron

Offline ashley

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 09:22:18 pm »
Give them a call and there email a form with the details.