Make a donation

Author Topic: Time for some TFSI magic  (Read 12836 times)

Offline T88OMM

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 17
    • Email
Re: Time for some TFSI magic
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2010, 09:24:21 am »
Enjoy it mate, you have a great day ahead  :drinking:
TT-RS Plus - S-Tronic

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2010, 10:50:36 am »
missed this thred, nice buy jools. looks very nice!  :happy2:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2010, 08:39:24 am »
Cars is awesome! Got back to mine and decided to visit my friend in hemel to stretch its legs. Had an interesting meet with a Golf R.....lets just say he may well be questing the extra spend over an S3  :evilgrin:

3rd gear is stunning, i can only imagine what these things are like mapped  :signLOL:

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:39 am »
Cars is awesome! Got back to mine and decided to visit my friend in hemel to stretch its legs. Had an interesting meet with a Golf R.....lets just say he may well be questing the extra spend over an S3  :evilgrin:

3rd gear is stunning, i can only imagine what these things are like mapped  :signLOL:

It's good, it's so so good..  :drool: Imagine what they are like with another 100bhp (with Stage 2+).
Good to hear you're enjoying it mate anyway.. Need more pics though..  :wink:

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2010, 09:05:58 am »
Jools, with the front LED's, can you not just fit the new S3 head-lights that have the integrated LED's in the xenon clusters, that would be my plan (but then again im a bit OEM)   :ashamed:

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #50 on: June 03, 2010, 09:10:07 am »
Jools, with the front LED's, can you not just fit the new S3 head-lights that have the integrated LED's in the xenon clusters, that would be my plan (but then again im a bit OEM)   :ashamed:

they are a different shape, you need wings bonnet and bumper aswell.  :smiley:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #51 on: June 03, 2010, 09:12:37 am »
True dat joe!

Offline Richn83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 49
  • -Receive: 85
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2010, 09:18:07 am »

they are a different shape, you need wings bonnet and bumper aswell.  :smiley:

Thats a bit rubbish!  They did a proper every body panel face-lift in true audi style, while only making subtle changes to the actual styling.

5Dr Black GTI, DSG, Leather, Xenons. Retrofitted - Cruise, RNS 510, MFSW, Armrest, Skoda BT, 6cd changer, Monza II's, VW speaker upgrade kit, Lux pack, High-line, new CAN gateway, Polar FIS info display, R32 tinted rear lights, RVC

To Come...NQSBBK, highline CCM.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2010, 10:08:30 pm »
You cant change them mate no, and i dont like the facelift front end.

I might look into some audi S6 leds but in all honesty i cant bloody see them and no one moves over for an audi regardless of LED's  :signLOL:

Its weird getting use to attention, positive and negative, i have been cut up and actually bullied by a lorry last night in an average speed zone; he sat right behind me with his full beams on because he didnt want to overtake me! The positives are awesome though, even had a nod from a police man in his car next to me  :surprised:

Out of interest how do i make the turbo noise (the excess gas expulsion noise) louder, but not 'chav subaru' louder. Thats stuffs like crack  :evilgrin:

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2010, 10:27:06 pm »
Intake FTW, be it evomos or itg etc etc etc will give you the niose your after but not chavy. A forge spacer is another option but my votes with Intake or both :evilgrin:.

Glad your liking the car and that K04 magic :happy2:

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2010, 10:30:52 pm »
Liking it very much mate, dont miss the fridge at all!

It is weird though as when i drove both i much preferred the R32, i presume its because the R32 was well used but the S3 was on a few miles and still tight. I am finding the low speeds an issue though in the S3 but i think its more me with the manual, as i can never pull away as smoothly as the DSG did coupled with a lots of low down torque from the V6 in the Golf. Ill get used to it though

Whats the best shift rpms? I keep hunting the red line but know this is silly when theres wedges of power in the middle, too used to N/A!

Offline RobH

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 9
  • Revo stg 2+
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2010, 10:43:21 pm »
I normaly change around 6750 ish but mine pulls all the way to the redline, on a standard car maybe they peak a bit less but i dnt know mine wernt standard for very long :rolleye:.

Maybe a bit or turbo lag your experiencing and obviously not used to when moving off, but if you want some real mid range and low down torque theres always Revo :innocent:.

The v6 will be a distant memory then :evilgrin:

Offline Gti_Mad

• Thank You
  • -Given: 12
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2010, 10:45:57 pm »
hey mate lovely car...... u defo picked the write colour my mate has a white ibis 1 with stage 2+, milltek turbo back, forge dv, black bbs ch19 and also had his wing mirror covers sprayed black which is a nice finishin.................... once again stunning car mate  :happy2:

Had the ED30, but not got the balls.

Mk5 silver 5door Ed30 1707- now sold
Mk6 silver 3door Golf R- current

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:09 pm »
I normaly change around 6750 ish but mine pulls all the way to the redline, on a standard car maybe they peak a bit less but i dnt know mine wernt standard for very long :rolleye:.

Maybe a bit or turbo lag your experiencing and obviously not used to when moving off, but if you want some real mid range and low down torque theres always Revo :innocent:.

The v6 will be a distant memory then :evilgrin:

I have seen a few graphs of some stage one S3's and the graph looks a lot smoother. The car is financed though so i wont be doing stage 1 or 2  :rolleye:

hey mate lovely car...... u defo picked the write colour my mate has a white ibis 1 with stage 2+, milltek turbo back, forge dv, black bbs ch19 and also had his wing mirror covers sprayed black which is a nice finishin.................... once again stunning car mate  :happy2:

Thank you very much.

Ill sort some more pictures out when im back from holiday, im going to egypt for a week on saturday. Taking it back to my mums to detail it  :happy2:

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2010, 10:53:34 pm »
spacer will give you the noise you desire. Spacer combined with a intake sounds awesome though.