Make a donation

Author Topic: ED30 has gone hello new car  (Read 5198 times)

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
Re: ED30 has gone hello new car
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 11:27:02 pm »
Sadly for me 60 percent of my decision when choosing a car is purely down to aesthetics, yes i know its stupid, but thats just me. Any how i was not fussed on the Mk6 GTI until i spent a few days at the ring with SteveP and his Mk6. It completely changed my mind and was easily the best looking car there.  :happy2: And it was a 5 door.  :chicken:

Congrats with your purchase.  :pomppomp:

Offline Pauli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • ED30 Candy White
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 01:27:09 am »
It's good to see so many mixed opinions on the mk6, when one first arrived at work I thought VW had made a big mistake and was sure I would never buy 1. But as usual the more you see, the more you want. Mk6 has been a grower for me since day 1. Do miss havin 300 hp though. Dynaudio makes up fir it a lil bit. No one else takin the mk6 plunge?

MK6 3dr CW GTi with Dynaudio, 18" Monza Shadows, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Rear View Camera, Underseat Drawers. ED30 Gone But NEVER Forgotten.

Offline BeezerDiesel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 33
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 06:29:46 am »
It's good to see so many mixed opinions on the mk6, when one first arrived at work I thought VW had made a big mistake and was sure I would never buy 1. But as usual the more you see, the more you want. Mk6 has been a grower for me since day 1. Do miss havin 300 hp though. Dynaudio makes up fir it a lil bit. No one else takin the mk6 plunge?

I bought one last September.
A bit like you, the first time I saw a mk6 in the flesh from behind I thought it was a dull Toyota or something. But once I'd seen a few decent spec ones and read a few reviews I was convinced otherwise.
Traded in my 4 year old mk5 for one last year. I still miss the mk5, reckon it had a bit more character, but the mk6 is definately a grower and a very well rounded package. I remember when the mk5 was launched though; so many people who had a mk4 swore they would never touch a mk5, need I say more?  :smiley:

The mk6 responds very well to a touch of re-mapping though. Okay, it won't get near 300bhp on a stage one but doesn't disgrace itself.
Andy
7R

Offline john_o

• Thank You
  • -Given: 136
  • -Receive: 108
    • My Car Blog
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 10:31:03 am »
the mk6 just has a more modern feel. enjoy your GTI  :happy2:

now wheres the pics ?  :signLOL:
Red ED35 5dr DSG
DEFI boost guage / RTech Stg1 Engine/DSG / PPMk7 front brakes
BLOG | BUILD

Offline NB07

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 26
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 10:35:40 am »
have to admit i do like the MK6 GTI a lot the more you see of them as you say paul. i prefer it to the R actually but i'll stick with my old banger for a few more years  :rolleye:

Black Edition 30 DSG - Gone but not forgotten!

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 01:35:59 pm »
They're smart cars if you can get the right colours and get rid of those half-moon taillights with proper LEDs. The interior is certainly swish, a step above the Mk5, but it's cheaper in lots of little ways which would bother me (the inside of map compartments on the door cards on my car have got textured mouldings inside and rubber inserts - in late Mk5s and Mk6s it's smooth interior mouldings and carpet inserts!).

The Golf R certainly is my cup of tea though, especially in blue or white.

Offline Pauli

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
  • ED30 Candy White
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2010, 08:13:55 pm »
Now added a couple of iphone pics in member rides

MK6 3dr CW GTi with Dynaudio, 18" Monza Shadows, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Rear View Camera, Underseat Drawers. ED30 Gone But NEVER Forgotten.