Make a donation

Author Topic: do i need new products?  (Read 1410 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
do i need new products?
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:45:48 pm »
hi guys
if youre not already aware i gave my car a facelift,and have been shouting about it alot like a kid at xmas. this included colour coding skirts and front spoilers....
he also said he "run the mmop" over it-which i take to mean he used the machine polisher-it certainly was much shinier and has less swirls in the direct sun than i remember, which is fab!
so do i need any new/different products to help maintain what he did- i used the last of my lusso shampoo on weds so that i def need.
i then just normally wax with lusso oro wax which i like and i,m halfway thru a tub.- i wash her every week sometimes two and give her a coat of wax at least once a week.
and about every 2 months i use the AG high resin polish and the other thingyamajig which name i cant remember and at that time i might gently clay any areas that need it.
so what do i need-if anything new to keep the great work he did.
i,m planning on a proper detail in the summer- mr gleammachine in thurrock essex has been highly recommended and i know he will give me his list once he has done his magic.

and i am considering the megs machine polisher offer from the for sale section and practising on first my dads car then my GF's then finally mine lol

any help much graciasass appreciated
matsu :ashamed:
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: do i need new products?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 11:39:10 pm »
I would personally stick to what you're doing and wait until the car is detailed properly.

I wouldn't clay more than 3-4x per year and would do the whole car in one go. If your car is looked after and protected (good few layers of wax, regularly washed) then it shouldn't need claying too often. Ditto with polishing with SRP - do it max 2-3x per year.

In between the proper details, the car should have a basic level of detailing - wash, dry, wax every month. Wash, dry and maybe quick detail every two weeks. Rinse down at least once a week.

Use some different products to get a feel of what's out there. You may find other products are better. Or worse. But you won't know until you try.

I prefer Dodo Juice born to be mild shampoo. Buy the smallest bottle and see how it feels. I like Lusso Oro wax but you could try a different wax, say supernatural or autoglym hd or something else (ideally a tester pot  since that's enough for a few applications). See whether you thin. you prefer a different wax for summer and another for winter.

Or just stick to what you're doing.   

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 07:27:12 am »
Have a look on autoperfection website.
I can highly recommend them.Very good service!
Get a snow foaming lance if you haven't already got one.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 09:03:40 am by chip20 »

Offline craigy123

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 24
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 08:00:30 am »
To be honest, anymore than two layers of wax us a waste if time and product mate. As said, get yourself a decent quick detailing spray for after washing instead if your weekly wax that your doing at the momment. 

PM for details

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 08:37:55 am »
thanks guys
ill stick to my regime but perhaps cut it back a little on the clay and polishing.
i keep reading about glazes and jet seal and think jeez do i need all of this stuff... love new things to play with :ashamed:

i quite fancy some dodo juice goodies lol!

ill stick to what i do but will def look into a quick detailer mate -fanx- any recommendations.

ive used AP- found them very helpful in the past.
i need a snow lance in my life but cant afford that and a pressure washer just yet.... need new tyres lol

thanks again
matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline chip20

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 35
  • -Receive: 8
    • http://absolutevaletinguk.co.uk/
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 09:23:57 am »
I glazed jetsealed and Waxed mine.
Got a pic of it on topic called weekend of perving!
Took some doing but worth it!