Make a donation

Author Topic: Does revo revert to stock once battery is disconnected ?  (Read 6758 times)

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
Re: Does revo revert to stock once battery is disconnected ?
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2010, 12:32:33 pm »
Battery disconnect for clutch change is required. Your settings will revert to the standard revo settings although that is not zero zero zero. I'm sure Revo Kev will advise of the default but in any case you'll neede them tweaked by your local turner.

Offline Revo Kev

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 04:30:25 pm »
B1, F0, T0

Which is 'stock' like performance levels, we initially had it going to 0,0,0 however being valet mode that would have caused a few more problems. Thinking behind it is in the event of an accident the battery is disconnected, once fixed the car would drive as per a stock one!

Offline Teutonic_Tamer

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 88
  • -Receive: 95
  • GreasedMonkey - HoofHearted - GTI now mod'ed!
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 01:31:13 pm »
B1, F0, T0

Which is 'stock' like performance levels, we initially had it going to 0,0,0 however being valet mode that would have caused a few more problems. Thinking behind it is in the event of an accident the battery is disconnected, once fixed the car would drive as per a stock one!
Good thinking - nice one!  :happy2: :happy2: :happy2: :happy2:
Sean - Independant Automotive Engineering Technician (ret'd)
------
07 Golf5 GTI 5dr (BWA), DSG, colour coded, Revo, WALK, WL ARBs, 235 PS2s, seat drawers, OEM tints, custom/hybrid engine mounts, Audi-esque soundproofing

~~ free official Golf V factory workshop manuals ~~

Offline Erik van Voorst

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 10:59:13 am »
I have a dispute with my garage...They reset my tyre pressure light....and gave me my car back after half an hour (no leakage!!!)
Now I am convinced I have a power loss. They said they did not touch the ECU.
I thought they might have disconnected the battery but my trip computer is still the same (unless they adjusted that afterwards)....

Anybody can shed a light...I beginning to think it might be the warm weather playing havoc on me and my car.... :stupid: 

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 11:04:01 am »
If the battery had been disconnected every value on the dash computer will have reset. You sure they didn't do an ecu update?

Why didn't you reset the tyre pressure light? It's just a button by the ESP??

Offline Erik van Voorst

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 11:33:04 am »
...the light came on and I was in the vicinity of a VW garage. Thinking I had a puncture I drove in... :wink:

After half an hour they gave me my keys back and said nothing was wrong (the light was false alarm) so they resetted it.
I do not know if they reset via the glove compartment (in my MK VI) or otherwise.
I phoned back twice and they ensured me it had nothing to do with the ECU so they did not touch it......so how else can I be sure...

Either I get use to the (standard) speed or nothing is wrong in the end....
I think it is time for a shoot-out with my friend....he has also a GTI (remapped).... :innocent: