Make a donation

Author Topic: What Settings Could I Run With Revo Stage 1 If I Got A Fuel Pump??  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 3
    • Audi S3
    • Email
As above at the moment I have Revo Stage 1, Evoms Intake, Forge DV & Uprated Sachs Clutch. I will be getting a fuel pump next week so would like to know what settings I could run with the fuel pump fitted?? as at the mo I am Running B6 T6 F9.

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter
Old Car 2009 Audi S3 365bhp Gone - New Car 2013 C63 Amg Now With 525bhp

Offline Hurdy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 137
Re: What Settings Could I Run With Revo Stage 1 If I Got A Fuel Pump??
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 09:45:13 pm »
666 :scared:

Fuelling can move off 9 with a pump, but you really ought to get a TBE and go stage 2+ too :happy2:
Golf R gone.

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 09:49:17 pm »
As above at the moment I have Revo Stage 1, Evoms Intake, Forge DV & Uprated Sachs Clutch. I will be getting a fuel pump next week so would like to know what settings I could run with the fuel pump fitted?? as at the mo I am Running B6 T6 F9.

I ran them exact settings before I fitted the pump on stg1, and it ran great once the pump was fitted, really grunty and pulled very cleanly

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 10:01:55 pm »
You can't just use settings that other people use.

Every car reacts differently to the settings. You can have 2 identical cars with identical mods and they will produce different results on the same settings.

If you are going to change settings you need to log with VCDS and check things like Fuel Trim, Cylinder Timing Correction etc to ensure you aren't running for example excessive correction in cylinders.

Carl

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 10:07:59 pm »
You can't just use settings that other people use.

Every car reacts differently to the settings. You can have 2 identical cars with identical mods and they will produce different results on the same settings.

If you are going to change settings you need to log with VCDS and check things like Fuel Trim, Cylinder Timing Correction etc to ensure you aren't running for example excessive correction in cylinders.

Carl

.... x 2

What Carl says is important.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 10:12:35 pm »
Am surprised with running T6, especially in this warmer weather. No-one can give you a definitive answer without you doing some logging.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 02:53:50 pm »
Make sure you do the logging and as a guideline I am running B8 T5 F7 with the Autotech HPFP on Stage 1.  The pump really has made a massive difference and I am really pleased with it.

See my review here:
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,14350.0.html

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 04:28:08 pm »
What block shall I use to measure everything is ok? ye I saw your thread a while back which has made me get the fuel pump before something else. Thanks for givin me a guideline to what settings you are using

For Sale - Airlift Performance Struts & Accuair Elevel/Ilevel Management - 18" BBS E28 Magnesium Split Wheels, Carbon Fibre Front Splitter

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 04:39:12 pm »
115 - Specified/Actual Boost
114 - N75 Duty Cycle ( if this stays at 99.6% you have a problem. On a K04 from around 3k rpm it should drop to around 70%)
020 - Cylinder Timing ( should be as closed to 0 as poss but up to -4 is ok if only brief on one cylinder)
032 - Lambda Values (both should ideally be close to zero as poss but anything between -8 - +8 is fine)
003 - Mass Air Flow
230 - Fuel Rail Pressure Specified/Actual (there shouldn't be a difference of more than 5.0 Bar between the two)

Carl :happy2:

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 04:41:55 pm »
115 - Specified/Actual Boost
114 - N75 Duty Cycle ( if this stays at 99.6% you have a problem. On a K04 from around 3k rpm it should drop to around 70%)
020 - Cylinder Timing ( should be as closed to 0 as poss but up to -4 is ok if only brief on one cylinder)
032 - Lambda Values (both should ideally be close to zero as poss but anything between -8 - +8 is fine)
003 - Mass Air Flow
230 - Fuel Rail Pressure Specified/Actual (there shouldn't be a difference of more than 5.0 Bar between the two)

Carl :happy2:

Thanks, is that what an S3 should be running or anything with this engine with a K04?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 04:52:19 pm »
I don't have much experience with a K04 as I'm K03 however the main points are

N75 - when the car is on boost the value should drop to somewhere between 50-70%. Initially it will be 99.6% as the turbo spools up but then around 3k rpm when your turbo is fully spooled the value should drop.

Boost - the specified and actual value should be as close as possible identical. +/- 50mbar is ok anymore constantly and you have a boost leak. Again this is when the turbo is spooled up.

Cylinder Timing - this is where peoples opinions differ. REVO say anything up to -5 is acceptable. I guarantee you your car will run better the closer to 0 you keep that across all cylinders. If for example cylinders 1-3 show 0 right through the log and cylinder 4 shows correction of -2 for 2k rpm then it's fine. Basically the more timing pull you have the more the car will pull back.

My car can run ( stage 2+ ) boost 9 timing 7 fuel 6 but has a fair bit of timing pull around -3.8 on all cylinders. My car on boost 7 timing 5 fuel 9 pulls harder through the rev range and all cylinders show 0

Fuel rail pressure - should never be more than a 5.0 bar difference maximum.

Fuel Trim values again as close to 0 as possible but anything from -8 to +8 is acceptable.

If you want when you have logged pm me I'll give you my email and I'll take a look at them for you.

Carl

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 09:45:44 pm »
Some good advice from Carl there.  The only thing I would add is to measure you IATs (Intake Air Temperature) as well.  If you are upping the boost IATs could climb so you need to keep an eye on them.  Off the top of my head these a block 004.

Offline Phil_T

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Audi S3
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 09:19:03 pm »
Did some logs other nite on what revo set B6 T6 F9 the Cylinder Timing was -6!!! on one cylinder it was also on -5 too

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 09:32:25 pm »
Some good advice from Carl there.  The only thing I would add is to measure you IATs (Intake Air Temperature) as well.  If you are upping the boost IATs could climb so you need to keep an eye on them.  Off the top of my head these a block 004.
Need to also keep an eye on EGT's too
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 09:36:43 pm by DomT »

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 10:18:11 pm »
Did some logs other nite on what revo set B6 T6 F9 the Cylinder Timing was -6!!! on one cylinder it was also on -5 too

I would start on settings B6 T4 F6 and if all is ok then start gradually increasing them 1 step at a time