Make a donation

Author Topic: best........?  (Read 2874 times)

Offline matsu

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
best........?
« on: May 29, 2010, 08:50:30 am »
i,m looking for new items to play and clean with and i know its subjective to everyones tastes etc and even colours of car so lets perhaps get a list of some new faves.......at this moment in time, cos no doubt we will all find a new fave soon... and this list might help us all find a new one???

best shampoo...............

best wheels cleaner..................

best polish..........................

best glaze.............................(if i knew the difference lol)

best clay...............................

best window cleaner.................................

best metal/exhaust cleaner/polish...................................

best wax......................................

best quick detailer,.............................................9def one i,m looking to try)

matsu

keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
Re: best........?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:24:04 am »
As said in a previous thread, this is all personal choice. There rrally is no "best".

Example: "best" wax could be Swisswax Divine at £1,600. Still want the best wax?

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline JPC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 93
  • -Receive: 111
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:25:16 am »
Divine ain't the best even though it's 1600quid. Crystal rock is where it's at!!!! That's only 550! ;)

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 12:56:29 pm »
ok perhaps i should put the title as fave of the min........??
and my GF would absolutely bury me if i went near a pot of wax for 500notes............ but i so would :evilgrin:
matsu

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 02:06:35 pm »
Lol it's all subjective but I've tried a hell of a lot of products so in my opinion...

best shampoo............... They're all very similar to be honest, megs shampoo plus in gallon containers is what i use as it works out fairly cheap.  Zaino and dodo both do nice products but IMO they are all just nice, the value of megs shines through for me

best wheels cleaner.................. for standard wheels with normal washing megs apc dilluted 1:10 with a foam sprayer.  For more power but still none acidic megs hot rims is pretty good.  For hardcore power, wonder wheels used once is actually a damn good product! Never use on diamond cut wheels!!!

best polish.......................... if you mean compounding with machine, then in my experience the menzerna range are fantastic.  power gloss for poor paintwork, intensive polish for minor swirling and final finish for refining although both IP and FF will finish LSP ready.

best glaze.............................you tend not to notice much difference but megs number 7 is a great product.

best cleaner...............(added this)  Lime prime!!  Used by machine with a finishing pad, this product cleans, removes marring and some swirls and is a great bed for wax to sit on!  (probably my favourite product!!)

best clay...............................depends on how much removal you need.  Megs off the shelf kit is good for most uses but leaves marring.  Sonus green is great for yearly use on a cared for cars as it is very mild and leaves almost no marring.

best window cleaner................................. I just clay and use quick detailer and between washes apc and quick detailer.

best metal/exhaust cleaner/polish...................................Megs metal polish or autosol are both about as good as they get

best all in one sealant...................(added this) megs nxt tech wax 2 liquid.  A great paint cleaner, filler, leaves a glaze and seals to a fairly durable finish.  Noticeably darkens the paint and is far nice to use than SRP IMO which is a horribly dusty product.

best wax......................................for show car finish, pinnacle sovereign wax, for a bit more durability swissvax best of show or dodo supernatural.  For durability, finishkare 1000 or collinite 476, i prefer the latter as it's easier to use.

best quick detailer,.............................................9def one i,m looking to try)  Megs last touch, super slick and good value in gallon sizes.

best tyre dressing..........(added) megs endurance, tried loads, this is the best!!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 03:15:33 pm »
I could agree with all of that Ryan ;)

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 03:24:43 pm »
Even the wonder wheels bit :surprised:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 03:32:04 pm »
I could agree with all of that Ryan ;)

Haha cheers, from a pro that's good to hear :happy2:

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 03:33:23 pm »
Even the wonder wheels bit :surprised:

Only for extreme use, I bought some ka alloys for the missus once and they were baked with brake dust.  I tried everything and the only thing that would touch them was wonder wheels!!!

Offline JPC

• Thank You
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »
Tbh no I don't like wonder wheels. There are safer things that do a better job.

I have used wonder wheels on a scrap wheel to see what it could do and I wasn't impressed.  I've yet to come accross a minging wheel I can't turnaround with wheel brightner and tardis ;)

Offline robern2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »
try carbotech pads.i can assure you that no matter the product, on standard  lacquered wheels it will corrode them.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2010, 04:33:45 pm »
winrya- thank you for the time and effort put into that response- i will def try some of those out.

lime prime
megs shampoo in gallon
and megs last touch in gallon form......................is top of my need now list.

and poss some supernatural wax.... if i can stretch the financials :ashamed:

matsu

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2010, 04:46:46 pm »
No worries at all mate.  A site that sells everything you require is http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk  There are plenty out there but this one does free delivery on orders over £29.95 and I've had an email today that they are doing 7.5% off this bank holiday if you use code MAY75

Regards,

Ryan