Make a donation

Author Topic: Potential Buyers....  (Read 3130 times)

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 9
    • Email
Potential Buyers....
« on: May 29, 2010, 12:07:15 pm »
As some of you will have seen, i've got my motorbike up for sale at the minute. It's been on eBay since last Sunday, has 37 watchers, 515 views and 22 days to go. I've had a fair bit of interest in it so far, probably about 8-9 calls and e-mails.

A guy has just rang me up asking if it was still for sale. He told me to save his number and give him a ring back if it didn't sell. I asked him why he wasn't interested whilst it was still for sale and he went on to tell me that it was far too expensive, there was no point in me looking for a 600cc bike because they aint as good e.t.c. I asked him what he thought it was worth he said he would give me a maximum of £1500 (advertised for £2450)! I've already had an offer of £2100 so when I told him this he told me to take it "because theres no way you will get any more than that mate!" I told him there was no way I would be ringing him back with his ridiculously low offer to which he hung up.

People obviously have far too much time on their hands to go round making pointless calls like this. There are bike on there 4 years older than mine with more miles on for more money! If it was only worth £1500, thats what I would have advertised it for! :fighting: :fighting:

To contrast, I had a guy on the phone on Wednesday saying he was very interested and as soon as his bike sold he would be up for a look. He told me he would be happy to pay around £2350 and not to let it go for any less as it's worth that all day long!!

No wonder people part exchange for less money, private selling can be a pain in the :booty:

[/rant over]

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline Edition30

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 8
  • No man was ever wise by chance.
    • Email
Re: Potential Buyers....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 12:35:43 pm »
Yeah I feel the pain, had people knocking loads off when I had the ED30 up for sale. Put it in for the cheapest for a quick sale and got people offering 3-4k less than the asking price.

Other than that i've only ever sold one other car which got pretty much the asking price for. GLWTS  :happy2:
Afghanistan Trust - Yorkshire 3 peaks challenge.

www.justgiving.com/ptemartinbell

MyProtein - MP119633

Offline Alexander

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 02:00:39 pm »
Some people are just dreamers, I've had my GTI for sale for 7500 and I've had people genuinely expecting to drive away for 5 grand!
2005 Black Audi A3 Sportback TDI-Bose and Full Leather
2005 Black 3Dr GTI-Leather and Upgraded Sound System-Gone

Offline MAT ED30

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 82
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 02:43:42 pm »
been thinking of putting ed30 up for sale but dont know if i can be bothered with all the d1cks wanting thing cheap  :fighting: its up at a price and if you cant afford it dont come look at it  :stupid:

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:20:51 pm »
^^^^ thats the best attitude to have but some others might need to sell so cant be like that , if i was buying private tbh i would start with a low offer but only if i was genuinly interested  :happy2:

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:57 pm »
youve got to expect a haggle but never a p1sstake

when i sold my MK4 R32 i had it up at 11500 and had people turning up continually offering 10k

all left empty, i wouldnt budge as i knew it was priced to sell. eventually a genuine buyer got his folks to drive him all the way down from essex for it for the asking price. patience is a pain but worth it sometimes

another example is selling my rims last week, worth £1400 new, needed a minor refurb but not essential, wanted £650 but for a fast sale i offered them for £500 firm. the guys that turned up offered £400 and i said no, off you trot then! when he realised i wasnt budging and that the rims were the deal of the century he coughed before i put them back in the garage

selling can be a pita sometimes

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »
Bikes are always a pain to sell on ebay as there are some muppets out there.
I sold my harley on ebay and thankfully it was to a guy who had been watching and waited till the last minute and then bidded and won so i wouldn't panic.
My VFR was different buyer didn't pay relisted and got just plain stupid feckinmorons after 4 weeks I was going to drop the price when a guy texted me and then cam to see it, soon as he saw it, he bought it, that bike shone like a big red shiny thing lol. Patience as there are lots of chancers out there.

Offline Vick N

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 01:40:07 pm »
What bike are you selling dude? I am in the Market for one!  :happy2:

Vick

Offline ollie288

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 01:43:27 pm »
What bike are you selling dude? I am in the Market for one!  :happy2:

Vick

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1722947.htm

Offline Lean

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
  • DSG +..
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 05:32:19 pm »
Opportunists and Thieves - I don't see a line with people like that, it's a similar vein in my book 

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 08:57:17 pm »
ooh nice and a very cool bike! was talking about these the other day wiv beddie on the ring trip (didn't realise he's a biker too)

good luck wiv the sale.  :happy2:

Offline DaveB@Vagbremtechnic

• Trader - 2014
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 130
    • Vagbremtechnic.com
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 09:54:11 pm »
Should be a nice performer that bike  - as soon as Matt gets rid of the 897 CD's that he carries around with him every where he goes  :booty:  :laugh:

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 10:53:22 am »
Should be a nice performer that bike  - as soon as Matt gets rid of the 897 CD's that he carries around with him every where he goes  :booty:  :laugh:

Now now Dave, i've upgraded to an 8gb SD Card now to deal with the entertainment needs, not a single cd in the car :booty:

Cheers guys,

Theres been a fair bit of interest in the bike, currently 53 watchers on eBay. Still getting stupidly low offers though :sad1:

Could be negotiable on price (especially to a forum member :happy2:). It's been pushed to the back of the garage with the arrival of my R6 :evilgrin:

Vick, I see your from Leeds. My girlfriend lives in Leeds (i'm here at the minute actually) so if you were interested I could maybe sort something out for you.

Matt
Mk5 Golf GTI - DSG, BBS VZ's, S3 Front Brakes, Electric Seats, R32 Rear Lights, Xenon's, Colour Coded........

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 11:03:13 am »
I started out on one of those, after passing test -  great bikes!  Make a lovely sound with a can on.  Went from that to a ZX6, then ZX7-RR and R1, then Ducati 748 SPS and then Triumph 675 Daytona.

The best bike was a toss up between the RVF and the 7RR, both for very different reasons.  GLWS.

Offline MattPoss

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2010, 07:11:38 pm »
I started out on one of those, after passing test -  great bikes!  Make a lovely sound with a can on.  Went from that to a ZX6, then ZX7-RR and R1, then Ducati 748 SPS and then Triumph 675 Daytona.

The best bike was a toss up between the RVF and the 7RR, both for very different reasons.  GLWS.

Some very nice bikes there, I think I saw your 675 for sale a few months ago, a grey one?! I was torn between a ZX6R but in the end went for the R6. I've rode motorcross since I was 6 years old so had a few of them but my only road bikes have been an Aprilia RS50 (16 year old's wet dream!), the RVF400 and now my R6.

Eventually a bit of light at the end of the tunnel, after 56 watchers on eBay, I have a guy coming round tomorrow night with a wad of cash and a van to take it away :jumpmove:

Matt