Make a donation

Author Topic: Quick detailers.. a dummy guide..  (Read 4422 times)

Offline keith

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
Re: Quick detailers.. a dummy guide..
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 06:43:36 pm »
A good detailing spray can prolong the life of your wax by forming another barrier or top it up, it can be used as spray and wipe.
Meg's Last touch is a good one. I like and will get slated for it Red Mist used properly its very good.

Offline matsu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 07:10:18 pm »
/\ why mate?

matsu
keep on doing what ya doing you,ll keep on getting what ya getting.

learn from the mistakes of others-"you dont live long enough to make them all yourself"

Offline keith

• Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 32
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 07:35:50 pm »
It was very popular on another site and then it went out of fashion all of a sudden.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 08:01:08 pm »
I have red mist but not had a chance to use it yet. It is apparently difficult to work with but when worked properly, works well.

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline VC

• Thank You
  • -Given: 80
  • -Receive: 93
    • Very Cherry Stickers and Decals
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »
I have red mist but not had a chance to use it yet. It is apparently difficult to work with but when worked properly, works well.

i saw you make the dodo guy work really hard for 30 minutes demo-ing that stuff to you, then just as he'd had enough you walked off and didnt buy it anyway  :grin:

and now youve got some, quality  :laugh:

Offline Truckie

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Formula Hot Laps
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2010, 11:05:18 pm »
I agree with comments on red mist, dont know what the fuss is about on the "other" site, i have found it a bit tricky at times but over all achieved good results. Best beading from a QD by far.

I believe it is best to work red mist with a dodo wax for the best results.

Nasir

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 04:14:50 pm »
I use it to take off wax, makes it soooo much easier.

....Now I'm even more confused. Why would you take off wax? Or do you mean the residue?

I meant the residue, makes it a lot easier and there are no marks from the wax.

Offline stealthwolf

• Thank You
  • -Given: 306
  • -Receive: 291
  • ED30 No.1412
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2010, 04:38:04 pm »
i saw you make the dodo guy work really hard for 30 minutes demo-ing that stuff to you, then just as he'd had enough you walked off and didnt buy it anyway  :grin:
and now youve got some, quality  :laugh:
Hahaha. No it wasn't red mist that was lime prime lite. It's a prewax glaze and cleanser. I had bought some but found it didn't work well, dried quickly and left a mess. Turns out I was using far too much product. The amount I used for one panel should have been enough for the entire car! I walked off because I had already bought it.

Might get him to trial red mist though!

The GTI isn't just a machine. It's very much a living, breathing thing.

Offline B3n

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
  • Boom!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2010, 05:42:09 pm »
Ive used red mist for well over a year now and ive never had any problems with it :smiley: But to be honest i wouldnt really class it as a Quick Detailer :chicken: More of a quick waxer lol!

IMO  a quick detailer is designed to be used inbetween washes as a waterless wash product for lightly dusted cars not dirty but only lightly dusted :wink: for example in car showrooms and car shows, wash your car before you go then when you get there use a quick detailer to remove the dust you picked up on the way.

The main thing i use it for is after a wash i will dry the car then use quick detailer to remove any water marks or smears left over and like Robin i keep some in my car so if i pick up some bird crap i will use the quick detailer to remove it.

For a quick detailer you aint going to get much better than Megs last touch or megs quick detailer as with any detailing product there are numerous different types available but if your looking to see what all the fuss is about start with either of the above and see how you get on.

Like i said red mist is awsome stuff i use it inbetween waxing just to top up the protection and give a little extra gloss its also awsome to use on your wheels.

My Flickr    Instagram: Chappers84