Make a donation

Author Topic: Exterior differences between a gti and the ed30?  (Read 6560 times)

Offline winrya

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 16
Re: Exterior differences between a gti and the ed30?
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 03:36:26 pm »
any one wanting an ed30 lookalike is sad  :confused:

Going as far as wheels and badges is too far imo but i think the ed30 front and rear bumper are the nicest you can buy for the gti and these finish it off.  IMO it should have been how it came out the factory wearing these bumpers and 18" monza's :drool:

Offline candy turbo

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 05:19:02 pm »
^^thats what i ment  , dont have a problem fitting the body parts but trying to make people believe its the real thing is just wrong  :happy2:

Offline no golf clubs at all

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 10
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 07:53:21 am »
Well it's a difficult one that for me.....I fitted pescaras initially only cos I couldn't get oem monzas anywhere. I searched for months. I nearly got ripped off by an ebay crook who stated "genuine" and thanks to a forum member found out in time.  Luca was selling mint pescaras and I took the chance of fitting these and love them.

So I've got the wheels and love the subtlety of the ed30 body kit. My car has abt sides and a rear valance with milltek quads but i want to get rid asap for a more oem look. However what i don't want is to "dull" the car down with the oem gti black roughed sides and rear as if it was factory fresh...if I'm spending good money on sides a zorst and rear valance why would I not fit something that i really like the look of?

Having said that I do take the point that lookalikies are not cool really, and you do see some exceedingly sad and laughable examples out there, but to most people (other than the purist) you don't have a "cheap" copy you just have a bloody good looking car.

As I said at the start it's a difficult one for me and if i am true to myself still struggling with, especially since I can't really afford right now to actually change my car for an ed30. Therefore getting it to a look that pleases me and stirs me every time i turn around and look at her is no bad thing I think.....lol but I wouldn't badge it up, I wouldn't change the interior and get a number plaque etc now that would just be the work of a total mentalist.  :stupid:

No doubt strong opinions will follow.....

Besides when i do move her on i can always sell on the body kit and recoup some dosh....as yet I'm still undecided.

Offline candy turbo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 11
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2010, 08:49:03 am »
imo save your money and get ed 30 , not only will you smile when you look at it but when your driving too , ed30 prices are quite low at the minute , good time to buy one  :happy2:

Offline Leeds s3

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 04:51:32 pm »
i must be sad then lol, does it make you sad having rs4 reps???? Anyway i never mentioned anything about badges as i hate all that crap. It was simply to make the car look better. for 6 months or so.
The gti is fairly cheap and a stop gap,ive been very unlucky with two business ventures and the economy in the last 18 months but fingers crossed things are looking up and i can get something i really want.
Many BMW'S and one bog standard MK5 3dr Golf GTI.

kempy

« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 11:07:47 am »
Hi Guys

Ive noticed that my 2006 GTI already has the lower front spoiler like on the ED30 but in plastic matt black.

Was this a optional extra available from VW?

Offline cmdrfire

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 14
    • Commander Fire - my blog
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 11:50:41 am »
Could be the Votex kit. IIRC that's very similar to the Ed30 splitter, but unpainted.