Make a donation

Author Topic: well happy!!!!  (Read 2050 times)

Offline kbish73

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
well happy!!!!
« on: May 27, 2010, 10:00:20 am »
hi guys , bought my 2006 mark5 gti with 27500k only 3months ago now done 29700k so not much miles covered or time past since collecting car from a main dealer to find yesterday a letter from the dealer telling me my timming belt is now due!!! having a laugh was my first thought so straight on the phone to the dealer complaining that when they sold the car  they knew that 3months down the line my belt was due and that i would be expected to fork out the best part of £400 !! in the end the conversation ended in the dealer fitting the bill so it's getting fitted tommorow(friday)nice one!!! the only down side what do i do for 4 hours walking the streets waiting on my pride and joy? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
3dr 2006 gti steel grey 18" monzas sunroof cruise control parking sensors,giac stage1,miltek cat back,Pannel filter,tarrox discs .....

Offline mackit

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 21
  • -Receive: 0
  • Surrey
Re: well happy!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 10:24:45 am »
Good news.

While you're waiting I'd get on the internet and start looking at what mods you can do for the £400 you have, in essence, saved!!! 

Remap??   :wink:

VW Edition 30 DSG, 5 door, RNS-510

Saint Steve

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:28:52 am »
Get them to change the Waterpump while they are at it.  :happy2:.

Offline animal

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 8
  • .:R32
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 10:33:31 am »
I bought my car knowing full well that a Haldex and DSG service was due fairly soon. All part and parcel of owning a car as far as I'm concerned.
Only 250.1bhp - but with that noise, who cares?

Mile-muncher ordered: MkVI 1.6 TDi BlueMotion Match DSG with leather, winter pack, luxury pack, fogs, climate control, Dynaudio pack, RCD510 with DAB & MDI, flat tyre indicator

Offline kbish73

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 4
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »
just returned from the dealer after getting t-belt fitted also took your advise steve and got the water pump done!! now looking to get a remap in the near future with the coin saved !!! looking forward to it!! :happy2:
3dr 2006 gti steel grey 18" monzas sunroof cruise control parking sensors,giac stage1,miltek cat back,Pannel filter,tarrox discs .....

Saint Steve

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 05:53:39 pm »
just returned from the dealer after getting t-belt fitted also took your advise steve and got the water pump done!! now looking to get a remap in the near future with the coin saved !!! looking forward to it!! :happy2:

Good man. Saves you a alot of money next year or when you hit the inspection mileage  :happy2:

Offline joesgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 07:07:44 pm »
water pump isnt due till 60,000 miles!!  :grin:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Saint Steve

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 07:16:28 pm »
water pump isnt due till 60,000 miles!!  :grin:
How much is a water pump Joe??, and its now due at 90k and not having to ruin a new cambelt and £400 bill again in 30k :stupid:

Makes sense to me if your planning on keeping the car. Free labour in the warranty job so why not make the most of it  :confused:

Offline Russ_leeds

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 16
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2010, 10:07:21 pm »
thats exactly what i did, makes sense, they didn't even charge me for the water pump in the end...they forgot and i wasn't going to tell them :signLOL: :happy2:
Black 2007 gti, 18' monza 2, sat-nav, highline, i-pod dock, armrest, 35mm H&R springs, WALK, BCS tbe, autotech front and rear arbs, ITG maxogen, NQSBBK... and more to come

Saint Steve

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 10:11:04 pm »
 :congrats: :congrats:

Now thats a result :happy2:

Offline big_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email