Make a donation

Author Topic: Review of iPad 64GB Wifi  (Read 6260 times)

Offline Janner_Sy

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
Re: Review of iPad 64GB Wifi
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2010, 05:39:00 pm »
As has been mentioned you shouldn't allow this battery to go completely flat and it works better if it is charged overnight often.  

my reasoning behind this is that my last 2 laptops batteries have been useless after about a year of use, from leaving them in charging to long.  my work laptop is so bad for it now that it only lasts about and hour and a half before its completely out of juice, although that is left plugged in nearly all the time.  this is also the same for a few of my mobile phones etc.

With regards to connectivity what are you wanting to connect?  If you are wanting for example to use external HDD to store films you then have the issue of it either draining the power if the iPad a lot faster or you need a separate power source for your HDD which is starting to defeat the object of the iPad i.e. allowing you to be mobile. An SD Card reader would be nice rather than having to use the camera connection kit you could also then add upto 64gb of extra storage. But other than that I can't see why people are banging on about lack of USB ports.  

having something like a usb or SD car port is a big thing for me carl.  when i deploy on ops i not only have all my pams with me, but with my trade stream i also need all the electrical regulations and guides etc with me.  if i could have these in electronic guise it would make my life a million times easier.  if not i might as well stick to the laptop

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2010, 06:04:08 pm »
Sy,

You can put PDF's on to the iPad to read on that. If you got a 64gb one you would have more than enough space. Look at all the stuff ive got on mine and still got 21.6gb free. Surely you ain't got more than about 5gb of documents.

@Keith - i understand what you are saying but if we lived that way you would never buy anything as something new would be coming along next. Technology moves on and when it does I'll sell this iPad for prob around £400 and then buy the iPad2

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 06:09:50 pm »
Sy,

You can put PDF's on to the iPad to read on that. If you got a 64gb one you would have more than enough space. Look at all the stuff ive got on mine and still got 21.6gb free. Surely you ain't got more than about 5gb of documents.

its not the size of the HDD that is the problem.  its more the ability to add and remove large documents and pdfs, like design reports etc prior to eployng out onto sites etc.  it would be handy to just be able to smash in an external usb stick or sd card at short notice

Offline 182_blue

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 20
  • -Receive: 54
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2010, 06:59:17 pm »
Sy,

its not the size of the HDD that is the problem.  its more the ability to add and remove large documents and pdfs, like design reports etc prior to eployng out onto sites etc.  it would be handy to just be able to smash in an external usb stick or sd card at short notice

card reader adaptor (left) :happy2:

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2010, 07:16:23 pm »
From what I have been told though is that the camera connection kit only allows you to view images nothing else

Can you view other stuff blue?

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 46
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2010, 08:28:14 pm »
You can use your iphones camera on the ipad

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2010, 08:29:13 pm »
Yup I saw that the other day.

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 09:06:19 pm »
I don't want you showing that off to my better half tomorrow Carlos, I've got a new car to fund without her ladyship deciding she needs one of those gadgets.

You start getting lary about it and I'll start remembering stuff about K04's next time I see your good lady.  I think we can safely call that a gentlemans agreement  :evilgrin:
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 09:11:45 pm »
Whats comfort and technology pack mate?

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 09:13:01 pm »
I don't want you showing that off to my better half tomorrow Carlos, I've got a new car to fund without her ladyship deciding she needs one of those gadgets.

You start getting lary about it and I'll start remembering stuff about K04's next time I see your good lady.  I think we can safely call that a gentlemans agreement  :evilgrin:

That's ok she has said I can have my K04 Conversion when I get back from my next trip  :P :P

I won't get lary with it I promise. I might let AM show her the wedding and honeymoon pics on it tomorrow though :signLOL:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2010, 09:29:53 pm »
Whats comfort and technology pack mate?

I can't 100% remember Jules.  Have a look on the Audi Website - I would but the fun Police at work don't like it.

They include Sat Nav, Bluetooth, AMI and some other stuff.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

Offline Jules86

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
    • Forumwars
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2010, 09:33:43 pm »
Ah i see, nice one mate. Your car will be lovely  :drool:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2010, 09:35:33 pm »

That's ok she has said I can have my K04 Conversion when I get back from my next trip  :P :P

I won't get lary with it I promise. I might let AM show her the wedding and honeymoon pics on it tomorrow though :signLOL:

Ok, but don't say you weren't warned!!!  I can soon up the ante a bit if I need to  :signLOL:

Say hi to Jim and Keith for me  :happy2:
Stu...

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2010, 09:45:50 pm »

Ok, but don't say you weren't warned!!!  I can soon up the ante a bit if I need to  :signLOL:

Say hi to Jim and Keith for me  :happy2:

Now now no need to be like that boss  :surprised: :drinking:. Wait till you see what I'm getting for my Birthday  :wink: :wink:

Will say hi for you :happy2:

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 09:47:22 pm »
Thanks Jules.  I'm not quite sure how much it will be now as they have changed the spec since I placed the order.  Tech Pack is now standard on the S3 and S3 Black Edition.  Also the wheels have changed and are now like those on the TT.

It should be built in about 2 weeks but I think i have to wait until o1 Sept to be honest.
Stu...