Make a donation

Author Topic: big stu's gti  (Read 27040 times)

Offline McKay88

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
Re: big stu's gti
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2010, 10:28:46 pm »

Mckay, the thing is with having the front plate there, imo you're spoiling the look of
the car by blocking the airflow through the open grille. To me, it looks as though you're not
particularly bothered about the car's cooling ability. And the us spec short recess bumper
visually doesn't flow as good as ours does across that phat rear. Just to sweeten my plates
up a little i got my mate in the shop to reduce the overall size of the font ever so slightly,
it's subtle but it works for me.

i get what you are saying about cooling and i understand that it will be blockin it a bit but its not a full size plate and the font is smaller so i wouldnt imagine it blockin it to much had it this way for a few months now and never had any issues..

Offline tommy30

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2010, 10:52:18 pm »
Yeah gotcha, but what i meant was . . . even if there are no issues by having the plate there

(and i doubt there would be to be honest) imo it's one of those golden rules you don't break

if you want your car to look right, you just don't block open grilles, not even by a tiny bit  :happy2:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 11:19:46 pm by tommy30 »

Offline alan_n

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #107 on: June 09, 2010, 10:18:22 pm »
looks really good fella :) Might be looking at a graphite blue for myself at the weekend. Whats the specs on your wheels?

Offline big_pete

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2010, 11:21:46 pm »
Stu the car looks great mate    :congrats: