Make a donation

Author Topic: Chased a Golf R....  (Read 1541 times)

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 380
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Chased a Golf R....
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:46:57 am »
Chased a new Golf R on a local A-road yesterday but I gave up when getting into licence losing territory - Not worth it! Was going too fast for a pic.

Came across him at a roundabout and he grinned so I followed. It accelerated very well when we left the 40 zone but no faster than mine. I couldn't really hear it above my engine/zorst soundz but I would have heard Greenouse's for example. Looks good in blue - Very 'liquid' metallic. I soooo much prefer its look to the standard Mk6 GTI. From a styling pov it does look much more of a successor to the Mk5 R32.

If I was buying a Golf for the first time it would most definitely be the R.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
Re: Chased a Golf R....
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 10:48:45 am »
you shouldv showed him whos boss robin  :party:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 10:58:02 am »

....What and risk losing my licence? I won't say what speed I reached. Perhaps when I was a lot younger.

I've just dumped the two lots of 3pts off my licence for speeding (both 93 mph)  :pomppomp: :jumpmove: :pomppomp: :star:

Well, 3 years and not the 4 year thingy. What's the point of the feckin' extra year!?! :fighting:

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 11:11:00 am »

....What and risk losing my licence? I won't say what speed I reached. Perhaps when I was a lot younger.

I've just dumped the two lots of 3pts off my licence for speeding (both 93 mph)  :pomppomp: :jumpmove: :pomppomp: :star:

Well, 3 years and not the 4 year thingy. What's the point of the feckin' extra year!?! :fighting:

Its 3 for the police side of things. 4 years on your license and 5 years for insurance.  :fighting:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 12:53:09 pm »
^^^^
Thx TC  :drinking:

My insurers Greenlight don't seem to care but we already know they understand responsible enthusiasts.

Paper licence is just bureaucratic paperwork, so not too important when on the street.

Police? - I guess this means they no longer see any 'previous form' when they run your plate for a check. Probably the most useful.